Group | 9 Days | Moderate Touring and Hiking
- Patagonia’s must-see sights on a trip built with GeoEx’s 20-plus years experience
- Incredible hikes through awe-inspiring mountain scenery
- Top-rated trip leader Janko Gorse, a GeoEx guide for two decades
- Estancia Cristina: entrancingly beautiful, incredibly wild, graciously welcoming
- Santiago (with wine tasting) and Buenos Aires
Of earth’s 37 billion acres, very few are as stunning as those we savor on this classic trip into Patagonia, where the Andes explode upward into one of the world’s most spectacular mountain clusters. Traveling in a small group (no more than 16), we hike amid the jagged, iconic peaks of Torres del Paine, marvel at calving Perito Moreno Glacier, and revel in a remote wilderness ranch found for us long ago by Patagonian sage Yvon Chouinard. And if seeing the spiky Fitz Roy range is a must, don't miss our handy El Chaltén extension.
We were impressed with the uniformly excellent local guides, the flow of the itinerary, and the consistently excellent logistics.– Franklin C.
This trip exceeded every expectation. Patagonia has long been on my mind, but I could not have anticipated the level at which being there would affect us. I had started out thinking we were taking the trip of a lifetime; now I think it is just the first of its kind.– Susan S.
Upon arrival in Santiago, Chile, we visit a vineyard and Pompeian-style manor house to taste acclaimed and lesser-known varietals from the region.
Fly south and go for breathtaking hikes in Torres del Paine National Park, savoring views of jaw-dropping summits and watching for condors and silver foxes.
A remote road leads us to Argentina and Los Glaciares National Park, “the best place in South America to see glaciers in action,” according to UNESCO Behold Perito Moreno Glacier calve into an icy lake.
Boat across turquoise Lago Argentino to Estancia Cristina, an isolated wilderness ranch and glorious place to wander, fish, ride horses, and gaze at massive peaks Fly to Buenos Aires and depart.
On the optional El Chaltén extension, we explore the Viedma Glacier and hike in the sublime Fitz Roy range before traveling to Buenos Aires for flights home.
Dates & Prices
1/27/18 – 2/4/18 (ends 2/7/18 with extension) – Only 2 rooms left!
From $8975 per person (Group Trip)
Optional El Chaltén extension: $2575 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance