||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
Morocco is an extremely beguiling place, but many of our travelers have asked us for a shorter trip than Morocco: From Casablanca to Marrakech. So herewith: Seven Gates to Morocco, a Custom Departure (with a very flexible itinerary, as befits a custom trip). We call it that as a bow to the welcoming gates that grace so many Moroccan towns.
This is also a good place to extol the glories of our camp outside of Erfoud, at the foot of Saharan dunes in simply appointed but comfortable Bedouin-style tents with beds, plenty of blankets, and lanterns (and, amazingly, a flush toilet). Dinner under desert stars, the songs of local musicians, and a great sense of solitude have made this camp a deeply memorable highlight for our Morocco travelers. We’ll recall Byron’s line in Don Juan about Fès, “Where all is Eden, or a wilderness.” And then again, there’s Ogden Nash’s tribute to the drive to “Marrakech, Morocco, [which] traverses landscapes simply socko.” As its many fans will agree, Morocco in toto is delightfully socko.
Book last minute: No visa required
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive in Rabat
- Day 2: drive to Fès via Meknes and Volubilis
- Day 3: Fès
- Day 4: drive through Atlas Mountains to desert camp
- Day 5: drive via Todra Valley and Dades Gorge to Ouarzazate
- Day 6: drive to Toubkal National Park
- Day 7: Berber villages hike
- Day 8: drive to Marrakech
- Days 9 & 10: Marrakech, cooking class
- Day 11: drive to Casablanca and depart.