The Silk Road
Group | 20 Days | Moderate Touring
- Travel a fabled Silk Route through China, Kyrgyzstan, and Uzbekistan
- Stunning natural scenery and tales of grand civilizations
- See Xian's magnificent Terracotta Warriors
- Samarkand and Bukhara, living museums with stunning Islamic architecture
- Meet with potters and weavers, and dine with locals in their homes
The Silk Road: A Journey through Time ties together whole passels of civilizations, epochs, and sceneries. And it tells the grand tale of one of humankind’s most important arteries of trade and culture. With Xian and Tashkent as its bookends, this adventure traverses the heart of Asia by following one of the Silk Road’s major branches. Skirting deserts, loping over mountains, and crossing rare borders we experience fantastic sites, such as a ground-level look at the Terracotta Warriors and Urumchi, earth's most landlocked place. Interwoven throughout are personal interactions bringing these fabled places to life.
Truly exceptional. There were no strings left untied on our trip...Your guest services were excellent...I have always felt that I am in good hands on any trip with GeoEx.– Mary T.
In Xian, China, we enjoy a close-up view of the Terracotta Warriors, discover the Shaanxi History Museum and Great Mosque, and feast on dumplings.
After exploring Dunhang's Caves of the Thousand Buddhas, we ride camels on the Singing Sand Mountain and marvel at Urumchi's remarkably preserved “Xinjiang Mummies.”
At Kashgar's renowned Sunday bazaar, we browse sweets and Uyghur silks, explore the town, then set out across the Pamir Mountains and Turugart Pass.
Kyrgyzstan's stunning alpine scenery awaits from Ala Archa National Park to deeply blue Issyk Kul lake ♦ We lunch with a local family outside of Bishkek.
Fly via Tashkent (Uzbekistan's capital) to Bukhara, a UNESCO World Heritage Site beloved for its wealth of mosques, madrassas, mausoleums, and bazaars.
In the cultural crossroads of Samarkand, behold the sensational Registan and a spectacular funerary complex, and spend time with artisans ♦ We return to Tashkent to catch flights home.
Dates & Prices
9/8/18 – 9/27/18
*Guaranteed departures will not be cancelled due to low enrollment; you can sign up and be confident that your plans will not change.
From $10,975 per person (Group Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance