Mountain Gorillas of Uganda
Custom | 10 Days | Moderate to Rigorous Hiking and Safari
- Extraordinary opportunity to see mountain gorillas in their natural habitat
- Expert local guides offer insight into wildlife and conservation
- Watch for big cats, hippo, and buffalo
- Spot primates and birds galore in the rain forests of Kibale National Park
- Soak up the environment from carefully selected, eco-friendly bush lodges
When travelers palaver, one experience that gets everyone’s attention is having visited mountain gorillas. One visitor has written, “There is something deeply touching about seeing these wonderful animals—one almost hesitates to call them that—in their home. Something sweet and informative and piercing. Their wisdom, and that’s exactly what it is, sparkles shyly. And here’s the interesting part: After seeing the gorillas, you see your fellow humans a little differently.” Our Africa experts have built this trip to give you the finest and most respectful visit possible.
After a night in Entebbe, drive to Kibale Forest National Park, which boasts the largest concentration of chimpanzees in Africa, plus other primates, butterflies, and some 325 bird species.
Track chimpanzees while spotting critters like red-tailed monkeys, grey-cheeked mangabeys, orange-tufted sunbirds, and bushbuck Your luxury, lake-view eco-lodge invites relaxation.
In Queen Elizabeth National Park, boat among hippos and shoebill storks and scan plains for elephants and buffalo Opt to visit schools and medicinal herbalists.
Watch for tree-climbing lions, then drive to Bwindi National Park, home to roughly half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas.
Gorilla treks take you deep into Bwindi's forest with experienced trackers, who point out other wildlife along the way Fly to Entebbe and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $10,000 per person (Custom Trip)
Additional costs: Two Gorilla permits: $1200 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, porters and other trek/camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Gorillas on the ListRead More