Mozambique’s Wild Places
Luxury Group Travel | 12 Days
- Mozambique safari trip with emerging populations of elephants, lions, and wild dogs
- Indian Ocean island-hopping, snorkeling among parrot fish and sea turtles
- Invitation-only ride along with African Parks at Bazaruto Archipelago National Park
- Special permission to visit Gorongosa National Park’s pangolin rescue center
- Led by renowned African explorer and consummate storyteller Brad Hansen
- Benefits Mozambique’s parks through African Parks and the Carr Foundation
Explore the inextricable connection between conservation and community on a Giving Back adventure that directly benefits Mozambique’s wildlife, people, and ecosystems. This extraordinary journey is led by African explorer and wildlife expert Brad Hansen, and for six nights you’ll be joined by Kingsley Holgate, one of Africa’s most colorful and intrepid modern-day explorers.
Step into seldom-explored ecosystems where new species are being discovered and threatened ones are being protected. Safari through the rich floodplains of Gorongosa National Park, accessing sustainability projects funded by the Carr Foundation. Helicopter to stunningly gorgeous Bazaruto Archipelago National Park and dive into diverse marine life protected by African Parks’ conservation work.
I am so excited to present an incredible story of hope in Africa...it is projects like Zakouma in Chad and Gorongosa in Mozambique that help us realize that Africa, its wildlife, and its people can have a bright future through conservation!Brad Hansen, Trip Leader
1 – 3
After a brief stopover in Johannesburg, fly into Gorongosa National Park at the southern end of the Rift Valley Meet some of the conservation team and explore resurging wildlife and flourishing landscapes on safari.
4 – 5
Learn about conservation and sustainability through special access to Gorongosa’s pangolin rescue center, Mount Gorongosa coffee agroforestry initiative, and more.
6 – 7
Watch for wild dogs, sable antelope, and elephants on grassy plains, or hippos, crocodiles, and birdlife along the river with two full days of game viewing.
8 – 9
Helicopter over the azure waters of the Indian Ocean to Bazaruto Archipelago National Park Join African Parks on an invitation-only ride along as they work to protect marine life and coastal ecosystems.
10 – 11
Explore the archipelago by land and sea Discover Benguerra Island’s fishing villages, plant life, and sand dunes, and the Indian Ocean’s reefs and rare sea life.
Savor one last stroll along white sands and blue waters before departing for Johannesburg.
Meet Your Trip Leader
An explorer from a young age, South African-born Brad Hansen has guided GeoEx travelers in Zimbabwe, Tanzania, Chad, the DRC, Botswana, and South Africa. Brad’s experience has earned him a spot on many stunning expeditions, including Kingsley Holgate's Great Rift Valley trek, which covered the geographic trench from start to finish.
Meet Your Trip Leader
Modern-day explorer Kingsley Holgate is a member of the Royal Geographical Society and has spent more than three decades traveling through the remotest parts of Africa, meeting tribes across the continent.
Dates & Prices
08/15/23 – 08/26/23 (Limited space available; please call for details)
08/15/24 – 08/26/24
Giving Back Group Trip: From $20,860 per person
based on double occupancy
Internal Air & Helicopters:
$4,360 per person
Tax-deductible donation to the Carr Foundation and African Parks: $2,000 per person
- All accommodations
- Most meals
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Internal flights, priced separately
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader
- All gratuities
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Standard beer, wine, spirits, and soft drinks while on safari
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
A Journey Built Just For You
Take customization to the next level on a journey fully tailored to you. GeoEx's destination specialists will gladly tailor this existing itinerary—or build one completely from scratch—to suit your style, interests, and time frame. Contact us to see what's possible.Start The Conversation
Angola, Namibia & BotswanaLearn More
Desert Discovery: Namibia’s Rhinos & Big CatsLearn More
Congo & CAR: Wild Heart of AfricaLearn More