Amazing Tasmania with a Touch of Melbourne
Custom | 14 Days | Easy Touring and Active
- A private journey tailored to you
- Dramatic coastlines, rugged mountains, and sparkling highland lakes
- Explore Cradle Mountain's dolerite columns and Freycinet's beaches
- Watch for Bruny Island's wallabies, quolls, and Tasmanian devils
- Excellent food and wine in Yarra Valley, Australia’s best-known wine region
Separated from Australia by the Bass Strait, Tasmania long ago seceded—not politically, but geologically—from the island continent. More than a third of Tasmania is a savage, beautiful network of national parks and Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area, a refuge and habitat for rare plants and animals. Its European heritage dates to the early 1800s, while Tasmanian Aborigines first arrived 40,000 years ago. On this two-week completely customizable trip, experienced guides share passionate stories about the island and its sometimes tumultuous history, both natural and human.
After alighting in Launceston, spend time in Trowunna Wildlife Park and Cradle Mountain for rare wildlife, walks among ancient rain-forest species, and possible sightings of wombats and the endemic black currawong.
Travel to Freycinet Peninsula, a mosaic of human history, abundant fauna, and rambunctious geology Stroll Wineglass Bay and the sandy beaches of Cape Tourville.
Excursions in Tasmania Wilderness West World Heritage Area reveal some of the world's largest trees Watch for nocturnal animals in Mount Field National Park.
Ferry to Bruny Island for a wildlife cruise and nature walks, where deserted beaches and a temperate rain forest are home to short-tailed shearwaters, penguins, wallabies, and little carnivorous marsupials.
Visits to Hobart’s waterfront and museums provide insight into the island’s history and contemporary culture Meet art and produce vendors at Salamanca Market.
Taste wine in the acclaimed Yarra Valley after flying to Melbourne Spend a full day getting acquainted with this artsy city before returning home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
(best time to visit: September–April)
From $16,425 per person (Custom Trip)
(above price based on two travelers sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- Internal air
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Australia E-visa support
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
Three Reasons to Visit AustraliaRead More
Top 7 Animal Encounters in AustraliaRead More
Falling in Love with Solo TravelRead More
Impression: Sunrise at UluruRead More