Angola, Namibia & Botswana
Luxury Group Travel | 10 Days
- Exploratory expedition into a region of Angola cut off from the world for decades
- Private helicopter travel, with stunning low-flying aerial views
- Join National Geographic explorers and scientists on site at the source lakes
- Traverse 3 countries, following the rivers across southern Africa
- Seven travelers maximum, led by a celebrated African adventurer
Led by African explorer Brad Hansen, travel by helicopter from the Okavango Delta in Botswana, following the Cubango and Cuatir Rivers deep into the highlands of Angola. Inaccessible for decades, twelve source lakes for the Okavango, Kwando, and Zambezi river systems are still being explored and mapped by National Geographic researchers. While at the lakes, join these researchers for a voyage of discovery.
Follow the Cubango and Cuatir Rivers southwest to explore protected ecosystems in Angola. Meet up with the Kwando, flowing southeast into the Caprevi Strip, to explore Namibia’s largest protected wetland at Nkasa Rupara.
There are still vast frontiers without human footprints, places where we can be the only people with binoculars and way too many pockets. This is one of those places, this is one of those trips!– BRAD HANSEN, TRIP LEADER
1 – 2
Arrive in Johannesburg and continue to Maun, Botswana Board helicopters and fly low over the Okavango Delta, landing to enjoy the lush scenery and prolific birdlife along the delta’s panhandle at the Cubango River.
3 – 5
Cross into Angola, tracing the Cubango and other rivers to their source in the highlands Explore the enigmatic source lakes by 4x4, foot, and helicopter in the company of National Geographic explorers and scientists.
6 – 7
See rusted tanks and wrecked planes on the Cuito Cuanavale battlefield Fly over forests and plains, discovering river ecosystems in the Cuatir Conservation Area.
8 – 9
Leaving Angola, follow the Kwando River into Namibia Safari through the country’s largest protected wetland, watching for lion, zebra, wildebeest, and more.
Pass over a corner of the Okavango Delta on your return to Maun Depart.
Dates & Prices
07/19/23 – 07/28/23
07/29/23 – 08/07/23
2022 Group Trip: From $18,675 per person
based on double occupancy
2022 Internal Air: From $9,825 per person
Please check back for 2023 rates.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance