Southern Tanzania's Wildlife Frontier
Custom | 14 Days | Easy Safari
- Explore some of Africa's most remote parks, away from tour groups and safari vehicles
- Track chimpanzees in the jungles of Mahale Mountains National Park
- Selous Game Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Stay at stylish camps amid abundant wildlife
Southern Tanzania boasts several of Africa's wildest parks, the kind that are overflowing with a tremendous variety of wildlife and an abundance of rugged, remote terrain that remains largely unexplored. On this customizable safari, you'll experience this far-flung region like a true thrill-seeker: flying from one nature extravaganza to another, searching out massive herds of buffaloes and floats of crocodiles; tracking wild chimpanzees through their native rain forest; and watching for wild dogs. All this while staying in stylish tents and camps far from other humans.
Overnight in Arusha before flying by charter to the country's wild southwest, a vast and changing landscape with a delightful dearth of safari vehicles Enjoy an afternoon game drive.
Outings in little-visited Katavi National Park traverse riverine forests, fractured floodplains, and seasonal rivers that sustain exuberant collections of buffalo, elephants, crocodiles, and hungry predators.
Fly to Lake Tanganyika and boat into Mahale Mountains National Park, where you hike into the rain forest to encounter wild chimpanzees There's time to swim, kayak, and fish.
Winging your way to Ruaha National Park, discover its extreme ecological diversity featuring everything from birds to leopards stretching on baobab trees.
Fly to Selous Game Reserve to spot kingfishers, hippos, and even wild dogs amid grasslands, wetlands, and woodlands, sleeping in riverside cottages Continue to Dar es Salaam and depart.
Dates & Prices
(June–September is best)
From $22,530 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on two guests, sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance