Pakistan’s Hunza Valley
Group | 19 Days | Moderate Touring
- A rare opportunity to explore Pakistan’s peaceful northeastern corner
- Discover villages, bazaars, and carved wooden mosques of the famed Silk Road
- Cross from China into Pakistan along the legendary Karakoram Highway
- Engage with Ismaili culture’s hospitality and way of life
- Roam the Hindu Kush, the Himalaya, and the Karakoram ranges
Rare is the traveler who knows the allure of Pakistan, a deeply fascinating country with tremendous Silk Road history and sensational natural beauty—particularly in the Hunza Valley. We’ve crafted this one-of-a-kind journey to reveal its multitudinous charms, exploring Pakistan’s northeastern corner along with the westernmost edge of China. From the desert to the snowy Pamirs, we delve into peaceful hidden corners of the old kingdom of Hunza (called “the epitome of mountain grandeur” by Eric Shipton), meet amiable locals, witness polo matches, and drink in galactic Karakoram peaks.
One of the best trips EVER.– Creig H.
Be ready to challenge your preconceived ideas about Pakistan! I am proud to say that Pakistan is now a part of me.– Eric c.
Step onto the modern Silk Road in Kashgar, China, a historical junction with a dynamic bazaar The Karakoram Highway leads us across the top of the world into Pakistan, recalling tales of the Great Game.
Pakistan’s Hunza Valley avails extraordinary vistas: glaciers, clifftop orchards, and crag-perched castles We boat on Lake Attabad, explore Karimabad architecture, see carpet making and the ancient tribal town of Gilgit.
Cultural explorations continue at a restored, strategic Khaplu village and in Shigar, where we examine a 14th-century mosque built by Kashmiri craftsmen and spend an afternoon watching polo.
We cross the stunning Deosai Plateau, refuge for Himalayan brown bears Overnight among evergreen forests before continuing through Astor Valley, stopping to view Nanaga Parbat and Buddhist rock inscriptions.
Get to know Islamabad, Pakistan's pulsing capital city, and the region's cultural heritage Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
6/15/19 – 7/3/19 – Sold out; Wait list only
8/31/19 – 9/18/19 – 2 spaces left
6/20/20 – 7/8/20
8/29/20 – 9/16/20
2019 Group Trips: From $9225 per person
Single Supplement: $1025
2020 Group Trips: From $10,775 per person
Single Supplement: $1225
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
One of a Kind: Reflections on the K2 TrekRead More
Where We're Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
The Ultimate Road Trip: Traveling in PakistanRead More
Trekking Among Snow Giants in PakistanRead More
Travel that TransformsRead More