Dunes & Wildlife of Namibia
Custom | 13 Days | Easy Safari
- Designed for you by safari experts—this itinerary is just a starting point
- Track rhinos, elephants, and more in exceptional, lesser-known reserves
- Experience intimate luxury camps with incredible desert settings
- Explore the colossal Sossusvlei dunes by foot and four-wheel-drive
- Connect hard-to-reach regions seamlessly with charter flights
The more you travel in it, the bigger the world gets. And it doesn’t get much bigger, grander, or more captivating than Namibia. This southwest African country, with the Namib Desert in the west and the Kalahari in the east, is a surreal masterpiece of desert and wildlife. To showcase its surprising diversity, GeoEx’s Africa specialists built this sample itinerary—a starting point for the custom trip they’ll design for you—around remarkable private wilderness reserves and splendidly comfortable safari camps, with scenic flights seamlessly connecting them all.
You guys are just amazing...Every three weeks you would send me some reminder to get ready. Whenever I had questions, you got back to me very, very, very quickly. Very professional. After this trip, I don’t think I’ll travel with anyone else.– Jaromira S.
Overnight in Windhoek, then fly to Sossusvlei, home to world record 1000-foot dunes Spot hardy wildlife like gemsbok and jackals on game drives and walks, and from your private plunge pool.
Fly to a Damarland reserve known for rare black rhinos This rocky desert overseen by the Brandeberg Mountains also shelters elephants, big cats, and large herds of Hartmann’s mountain zebras.
Your sensational camp on the shipwreck-dotted Skeleton Coast sits amid river, desert, and coastal habitats Drive and walk to see fauna ranging from desert-adapted elephants to fur seals.
Venture to the remote Hartmann Valley, near the Angola border Serra Cafema’s chalets are your base for discovering mountains, dunes, the Kunene River, and the area’s crocodiles, ostriches, and oryx.
Members of the semi-nomadic Himba tribe share their culture with you Fly to Windhoek and depart.
The optional extension to Etosha National Park and Ongava Game Reserve takes you rhino tracking and watching for herds of elephants, lions, and giraffes—even seasonal flocks of flamingos.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $10,985 per person (Custom Trip)
Internal air: $3095 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Why Should You Visit Namibia?Read More
Staff Report: Namibian Highlights – The Himba PeopleRead More
Staff Report: Namibian Highlights -- Serra CafemaRead More
Staff Report: Namibian Highlights -- Etosha National ParkRead More
Staff Report: Namibian Highlights -- DeadvleiRead More