Splendors of Egypt
Group | 13 Days | Easy Touring
- A five-night scenic sail along the Nile with key historic stops
- Private visits, including the Tomb of Nefertari and the Tomb of Seti
- Deep exploration of Cairo: modern-day, medieval, and Pharaonic
- Enjoy meeting locals and treasure shopping
- A sunrise hot-air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings and Queens
We've designed this journey to explore the history and heart of ever-evolving Egypt, pausing our visits for moments of observation, relaxation, and reflection. In store are intimate looks at the country's staggering monuments, mind-blowing hieroglyphs, and bygone-era villages. Outside of our meanderings in Cairo, Luxor, and the Great Temple at Abu Simbel, we spend five nights aboard an elegant dahabeya. From our well-appointed home on the Nile, we sail from one riverside town to another, admiring ancient wonders and gaining valuable insights from the trip's two distinguished (and amiable) leaders.
Get acquainted with Islamic and Pharaonic Cairo Discover the exceptional hieroglyphics of the Pyramids of Giza and special-access visits to tombs.
Before we embark Luxor on our cruise, we visit its namesake temple and museum, admiring an impressive collection of tomb artifacts, jewelry, and statuary.
Aboard the dahabeya—ours exclusively—we sail along the Nile, stopping for historic treasures and impressive monuments in Esna, Edfu, and Kom Ombo We enjoy a private visit to the Tomb of Nefertari and a bird’s-eye view of the Valley of the Kings and Queens from a hot-air balloon.
In the bustling trade hub of Aswan, we meander the bazaar and appreciate the world’s largest man-made lake Flying to Cairo via Abu Simbel, we spend the morning exploring the Great Temple, saved by a UNESCO-funded operation.
Further exploring the capital, we explore the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, containing the riches of Tutankhamen, and Ben-Ezra, the oldest synagogue in Egypt Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
12/4/19 – 12/16/19 (led by Bill Jones)
12/2/20 – 12/14/20 (led by Tese Wintz Neighbor)
If you're interested in the women-only version of this trip, check departure dates and availability here.
2019 Group Trip: From $17,835 per person
2020 Group Trip: From $19,625 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Services of two GeoEx trip leaders, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance