Egypt Insider: An All-Women Journey Along the Nile
Group | 13 Days | Easy Touring
- Ancient and modern Egypt, with two expert leaders and a female perspective
- Five-night Nile cruise by top-notch dahabeya exclusively for this small group
- Special access to archaeological sites
- Time with local women, from artists to dancers to home cooks
- Guided walks through Cairo's historic Old City and Aswan's souk
Egypt is an ancient land of incredible archaeology and fascinating history, but its contemporary side is also a delight to explore. On this special journey, a small group of women (no more than 10 travelers) joins two sensational Egypt experts to explore the country's ancient past and modern heart. From Cairo's pulsing streets and Luxor's mesmerizing temples to the long-and-winding Nile River, we take in magnificent monuments, enjoy special access to age-old tombs, visit antiquity-filled museums, cruise the Nile by exclusive dahabeya, and meet local artists and residents—all while gaining a uniquely female perspective on it all.
Discover Cairo's vast array of museums, mosques, and Islamic architecture We're treated to a private opening of the Great Pyramid's Queen Burial Chamber.
After flying to Luxor, we behold its astonishing temple complex and embark for our Nile cruise aboard an amenity-filled dahabeya.
During our leisurely cruise on the Nile, we savor scenes of river life, have animated conversations with our guides and fellow travelers, and stop to explore the temple wonders of Esna, Edfu, and Kom Ombo A sunrise hot-air balloon ride reveals a spectacular view of the Valley of the Kings and Queens.
Landing in Aswan, we marvel at the Temple of Philae and the Assam High Dam, both impressive feats of engineering We fly to Cairo via Abu Simbel, home to two massive rock temples relocated block-by-block with help from UNESCO.
Back in Cairo, we discover the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities and have time to explore and shop before departing for home.
Dates & Prices
11/6/19 – 11/18/19 – Limited space; please call
11/4/20 – 11/16/20
If you're interested in a group departure for both men and women, see Splendors of Egypt.
From $19,625 per person (All-Women Group Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Services of two GeoEx trip leaders, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance