Azerbaijan, Georgia & Armenia
Custom Travel | 20 Days
- A customizable itinerary revealing key cultural sites and natural beauty
- Delve into cultures shaped by the Romans, Arabs, Soviets, and more
- Explore the birthplace of wine and a branch of the ancient Silk Road
- Visit UNESCO-listed monasteries and cities steeped in history
- Meet wonderfully hospitable locals, from musicians to craftspeople
The Caucasus region packs in a tremendous variety of scenery, history, and culture, and this journey takes you to its core: Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Armenia. On an itinerary designed for you by GeoEx’s destination specialists—what you see here is just a starting point—you may take expertly guided strolls through the narrow alleys and tiny mosques of Baku and Tbilisi, sip vintages in the acclaimed Kakheti wine region, and discover striking caravanserais, castles, palaces, cave-cities, and natural wonders, like snowy, 17,000-foot Mount Mkinvari. It’s up to you.
1 – 3
Visit Azerbaijan's iconic sites, including UNESCO-listed Baku, Sheki Khan's Palace, and Gobustan (home to 6,000-plus rock engravings), as well as castles, mosques, and caravanserais.
4 – 6
In Georgia, sample wine in Kakheti, the birthplace of viticulture, and discover Tbilisi, an inviting capital known for its charming old town, museums, and religious architecture Explore cliff-top Sighnaghi.
7 – 10
Stalin's birthplace, Vardzia Cave Complex, and the rock-hewn town of Uplistsikhe are worthwhile stops en route to Kutaisi Bask in mountain scenery with a four-wheel-drive excursion to Kazbegii.
11 – 15
Marvel at one of Europe's highest villages and Mestia's distinctive architecture Peruse Sataplia grotto, incredible museums, and Ubisi's 9th-century monastery before returning to Tbilisi.
16 – 20
Armenia's many UNESCO-listed sites beckon Feast your eyes on Lake Sevan and its stunning surroundings, and get to know Yerevan, the capital and cultural hub Depart Yerevan.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered March–November
Custom Trip: From $10,550 per person
based on two travelers, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
The Splendors & Surprises of a Trip To IranRead More