Trans-Siberian Winter Wonderland
Group | 15 Days | Easy Train Journey
- The famous train journey across Siberia and Mongolia
- Experience the beauty of Russia's squares and churches in winter
- Dogsled, ice-fish, and enjoy an ice festival at spectacular Lake Baikal
- Marvel at Moscow's Kremlin and visit a nomadic family in Ulaanbaatar
- GeoEx assists with visas, trip extensions, and back-up
This very special trip is the winter edition of the Trans-Siberian Express, a rail epic traversing eight time zones and 6,600 miles from Moscow to Vladivostok. Traveling in comfort aboard the gorgeously appointed Golden Eagle (complete with onboard lectures and language lessons), you make your way through the magical wonderland that is Russia in winter. In lieu of Kazan―an excellent warm-season stop―the Golden Eagle calls on Vladimir and the picturesque little town of Suzdal. You also get to experience the high-spirited Lake Baikal Ice Festival and have the chance to go ice fishing, dogsledding, and snowmobiling on the “Pearl of Siberia.”
We really enjoyed our Mongolia and Siberia adventures. They were really memorable and, certainly for us, once in a lifetime.– Gregg B.
Take in Moscow's most iconic sights, then embark on your rail journey, stopping at historic Vladimir, onion-domed Suzdal, and Yekaterinburg, where Nicholas II was executed in 1918.
Discover Irkutsk's impressive wooden architecture after exploring the modern city of Novosibirsk, home to one of the few remaining gigantic statues of Lenin.
Snow season at Lake Baikal brings ice fishing, dog-sledding, and an ice festival―all of which you enjoy before continuing to Ulan Ude, the Buryat Republic's ethically and culturally diverse capital.
After experiencing Mongolia’s cosmopolitan capital, savor beautiful landscapes en route to Vladivostok Disembark, get a taste of this intriguing Russian port city, and fly home.
Dates & Prices
2/21/18 – 3/7/18 (Moscow to Vladivostok)
3/5/18 – 3/19/18 (Vladivostok to Moscow)
From $15,895 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers, and support staff during voyage
- Personal headsets on all off-train excursions
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance