Trans-Siberian & Trans-Mongolian Express
Group | 15 Days | Easy Train Journey
- Cross Russia on one of the greatest railway journeys
- Travel by elegant Golden Eagle train, enjoying lectures and stops en route
- See architectural marvels, meet local people, and dip into Mongolia
- Take in Lake Baikal, the world's oldest and deepest lake
- Trip variations: opt for 9-day itinerary, catch the Naadam Festival, or travel in winter
For train buffs, the Trans-Siberian is the Mount Everest of rail journeys. This rolling epic crosses eight time zones and traverses 6,600 miles across Russia from Moscow to the country’s major Pacific port, Vladivostok. Making this trek has become much more enjoyable thanks to the deeply comfortable Golden Eagle, a rolling masterpiece. Along the way you see Russia's largest opera house and UNECO-listed Lake Baikal, wander captivating Irkutsk (Siberia’s major city in tsarist times), discover Old Believers culture in the Buryat Republic, and visit Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia (perhaps for the rousing Naadam Festival).
This trip was like nothing I have experienced! The train took me through incredible natural beauty, authentic villages, and diverse cultures in the most efficient and comfortable way. The service was outstanding, with attention to details 24 hours a day.– Ana A.
Discover Moscow, Russia's storied capital, on a guided tour Settle into your train cabin and depart for Kazan, known for the UNESCO-listed Kremlin Fortress.
Stops in Yekaterinburg and Novosibirsk provide insight into Russian and Soviet history Enjoy walking tours, museums displaying Siberian art and spy planes, and time to relax on board.
Absorb the spectacular scenery of Lake Baikal, the world's oldest freshwater lake Few Westerners see Irkutsk’s distinctive wooden architecture and Ulan Ude’s cultural diversity, but you do.
Crossing into Mongolia, get a taste of cosmopolitan Ulaanbaatar and wild Gorkhi-Terelj National Park Opt to tour monasteries and monuments, step inside a ger, or ride a Mongolian horse.
Return to Russia and continue east toward the Pacific, appreciating beautiful landscapes, onboard lectures, and language lessons Disembark in the port city of Vladivostok, see its sights, and overnight in a hotel before departing.
Please note: This trip can be done in the eastbound (Moscow to Vladivostok) or westbound (Vladivostok to Moscow) direction.
Short on time? The 9-Day Baikal Express is the same as the Trans-Siberian Express, but ends in Irkutsk on Day 9. You can return home then or extend your stay to explore more of Lake Baikal and the region.
Dates & Prices
7/22/19 – 8/5/19 (Moscow to Vladivostok)
8/4/19 – 8/18/19 (Vladivostok to Moscow)
8/18/19 – 9/1/19 (Moscow to Vladivostok)
8/31/19 – 9/14/19 (Vladivostok to Moscow)
7/1/20 – 7/13/20 (Moscow to Ulaanbaatar with Naadam)
7/10/20 – 7/22/20 (Ulaanbaatar to Moscow with Naadam)
For additional 2020 departure dates, please call us at 888-570-7108.
To make this trip during the winter, explore our Winter Wonderland adventure.
From $16,695 per person (15-day trip)
Please see itinerary for pricing on other trip variations.
Single supplement special: Save 50 percent on the single supplement for a four Silver Class cabin on eastbound 2019 and 2020 departures; limited availability and restrictions apply.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers, and support staff during voyage
- Personal headsets on all off-train excursions
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance