Panoramas of Peru
Custom | 8 Days | Moderate to Rigorous Touring and Hiking
- Get off the beaten path in the Lares Valley, witnessing everyday local life
- Explore Machu Picchu in its quietest moments
- High-altitude hiking with options ranging in rigor and comfortable lodges each night
- Explore lively weavers’ villages and ancient Incan sites
- Guided tour of Cusco, the ancient Incan capital
Unknown to most travelers, the Lares Valley, a less-traveled route toward Machu Picchu, dazzles with thrilling Andean scenery, lively weavers’ villages, and ancient Incan sites. On this inspired, high-altitude journey—with hiking options for all levels—we explore its peaks and waterfalls, dip into markets, interact with locals, and revel in beauty and quietude. You can opt for a small-group trip or a customized journey, perhaps adding time in Lima or other parts of Peru, Ecuador, or the Amazon.
TERRIFIC TRIP! This was a great trip, just what we expected in terms of hiking time. Hotels were better than we would have chosen for ourselves. Picnic lunches were outstanding, as were the driver and cook!– Betty Sue S.
After a night in Lima, fly to Cusco and enjoy a half-day city tour In the Sacred Valley, hike with beautiful mountain scenery to Pisac’s impressive ruins, stopping for a meal cooked under hot stones.
Explore the little-visited archaeological site of Ancasmarca en route to the Lares Valley Our guide leads our hike past alpacas and turquoise lakes to Huacawasi, a weaver’s hamlet set at 12,579 feet.
To reach Ollantaytambo and its inspiring temple complex, we ramble over a breathtaking 14,600-foot pass, exchanging greetings with villagers Ride a scenic train to Machu Picchu’s gateway pueblo.
Machu Picchu welcomes us before the crowds arrive We relish a full day at the citadel, learning about the Incas’ engineering acumen and ultimate demise.
Return to Cusco via train and road Fly home via Lima.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–November
From $5075 per person (Custom Trip) (based on two travelers)
Internal airfare: approximately $550 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance