Hidden Corners of Peru
Custom | 7 Days | Easy to Rigorous Touring and Active
- A private journey custom-designed for you: these ideas and trip length are just a starting point
- Enjoy authentic experiences off the beaten path and away from tour buses
- Top guides: GeoEx works with some of Peru's most senior and sought-after leaders
- Stay at a charming, hand-selected hotels—as casual or upscale as you wish
- Revel in a diverse country with diverse options, from active to culinary to architectural
Our senses snap to attention in Peru, where past and present intertwine beautifully, dramatically. Tradition mixes with innovation from the country's glorious cordilleras and Amazonian waterways to its Pacific coast, resulting in exquisite weavings, inexplicably exact stonework, sophisticated arts, and world-renowned cuisine. No wonder Peru attracts so many visitors, which is why we focus on its hidden corners. Your itinerary can be as diverse as the country, combining active and cultural options from the coast to the mountains to the desert to the jungle, or you can hone in on one region and one interest—it's up to you.
I will never forget this experience. It topped any other trip I've taken! Machu Picchu, of course, was magical, but so was the Sacred Valley, where we had two experiences with weavers—their skills are astounding! The guides were a wealth of information, enriching the whole experience immensely. We learned so much about the people and culture, past, and present.– Cindy R.
Lima: In Peru's thrilling, multicultural capital, you might enjoy visits to museums and up-and-coming art galleries, a walking tour of the UNESCO-listed historic center, culinary tours and cooking classes, or even a surfing lesson on a Miraflores beach.
Sacred Valley: In this stunning, agricultural vale, set between Andean giants, you'll sample traditional life while wandering among celebrated and lesser-known ruins, exploring markets and weaving villages, or focusing on active adventures, from rafting and kayaking to rock climbing and hiking.
Machu Picchu: Discover the UNESCO-acclaimed Lost City of the Incas, a monumental feat of engineering, at the best moments of the day, with your private guide. You may opt to arrive by train or by foot on the jungly Inca Trail.
Cusco: We'll introduce you to this old Incan capital's colonial architecture, lively markets, Quechua locals, impressive ruins, top-notch restaurants, and charmingly narrow streets, many of which are walled with the Incas’ mind-blowing masonry.
Optional Trekking: Whether you opt to trek for days or weeks, at high or low elevations, staying in lovely lodges or deluxe tents, we take great care for your safety and comfort. You'll have excellent guides, top equipment, mules or llamas to carry the load, and delicious, hot meals made from fresh, local ingredients.
More of Peru: From the solitude of Lake Titicaca to the volcanoes surrounding the “White City” of Arequipa, the biological riot of the Amazon to the mystifying Nazca Lines, Peru prides itself on more than just its famed Andean citadel. We've got plenty of ideas and look forward to making the arrangements.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–November; Recommended trip length is from 7–21 days
From $5575 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on two guests for seven days, sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance