Custom | 16 Days | Moderate Touring
- Tailored to you with Golden Triangle highlights and intriguing deviations to consider
- Insider looks at the Ganges, Chennai, Mumbai, and the Taj Mahal
- Private ceremonies, including aarti at a Varanasi temple and Kathakali dance performance
- Tamil Nadu’s temples and Kerala's mangrove forests
- Stays at luxury accommodations with impeccable service
India is more than a repository of ancient civilizations. Its tumultuous and romantic history has shaped the country into a lively, ever-changing mosaic. On this private journey, you travel north to south, meandering through magnificent forts and opulent palaces that date back to Mughals and Maharajahs and investigating traditional Dravidian culture and Arabian Sea waterways. Behind-the-scenes visits include an aarti ceremony on the Ganges, the Taj Mahal at sunset, and a Chennai cooking class. GeoEx's India specialists are at the ready to adjust the itinerary in length, reach, and activity to better align with your passions. What you see here is simply a starting point.
You were great to work with. Your understanding of my interests was reflected in your excellent suggestions for the trip...You made my dream trip a reality. Everything I wanted to do, you made possible and did it in a way that was easy, exciting, and fun.– Christine K.
Our guide was great. He took care of the details, made certain we were always safe, became a part of our extended family, and provided the right amount of information at each site we visited.– Steven M.
In pulsating Delhi, travel by bicycle rickshaw to experience the narrow alleys of the Chandni Chowk bazaar, a Sikh community kitchen, and such landmarks as the Jama Masjid mosque and the Red Fort.
Varanasi is a holy city on the Ganges River dedicated to Lord Shiva Observe the aarti ceremony in a temple, explore by boat, and wander enchanting crumbling alleyways.
Fly to Agra, home to the Taj Mahal, and visit the Rajput-era palaces of Jaipur Admire splendid gardens and the UNESCO-listed ghost town of Fatehpur Sikri.
Discover Mumbai’s 19th-century colonial heritage and modern-day neighborhoods, like Dharavi, a hive of entrepreneurship rising from poverty.
Before flying to Chennai, pay homage to Madurai, strolling the ornate Meenakshi temple In Mamallapuram, peruse a stunning collection of shrines and sculptures.
Walk Kochi's magnificent ruins and glide through Kerala's mangrove-lined Backwaters by houseboat Explore wooded islands and revel in wildlife on Vembanad Lake before departing for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered October–March
From $14,180 per person (Custom Trip)
Internal air: about $1030 per person (business class)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Meals as noted in itinerary
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where We're Going in 2019Read More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
UNESCO’s World Heritage: What It Means & Why It MattersRead More
Sunrise Over the Indian HimalayaRead More
Staff Roundup: Unexpected WondersRead More
Exploring India’s Wild SideRead More