Iceland Family Explorer
Custom | 7 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Hiking
- A private trip designed for you: this itinerary is a starting point
- Revel in a geological fantasyland just one flight away from most US cities
- See authentic Iceland with carefully timed visits, special access, and local guides
- Hike, kayak, and ride horses and ATVs amid waterfalls, lava fields, and hot springs
- Ride a Zodiac to a large puffin colony on the Westman Islands
Iceland's jaw-dropping landscape of volcanoes, geysers, and glaciers begs you to get off the tourist track. Your expert Icelandic guide knows just what to do, steering your family clear of tour buses to whisk you by super jeep to a hidden lava tube or leading you on a special route behind the waterfall. You'll gain access to areas off limits to rental cars and be treated to insider knowledge no guide book can provide. Iceland feels as remote and wild as Patagonia, but nonstop flights from the US make it much easier to reach. Iceland is ideal for a weeklong family adventure.
The Lake House was awesome! From the special Blue Lagoon experience to our guide to the buggy excursion—it was all amazing. Thank you so so much for all of your efforts in building us the perfect Iceland family vacation!!– Candice H.
After arriving in Reykjavik, relax in the Blue Lagoon, a hot spring surrounded by black-sand beaches: your Exclusive Lounge access gives you pampering and privacy.
A hike across a lava field gets you up close to Thrihnukagigur volcano Get to know the outskirts of Reykjavík by ATV buggy and sea kayak.
Amble through a geothermal valley before traveling to waterfalls on the south coast Ride Icelandic horses and watch the Strokkur geyser erupt before settling into your private lake house.
An ocean safari in the Vestmannaeyjar (Westman Islands) reveals puffin colonies and sea caves by Zodiac Hike around the Eldfell volcanic cone.
Thórsmörk Valley, home to glaciers and volcanoes, welcomes you for walks on moss-covered trails through rugged valleys dotted with birch trees.
Trek across a glacier tongue in crampons, admiring the ridges and deep crevasses of this frozen sculptured wonderland Fly back to Reykjavik and depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
(Best time to travel is May–September; Northern Lights are most visible end-September to end-April)
From $8250 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on family of four, sharing two guest rooms)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance