Galápagos Islands & Ecuadorian Highlands
Custom | 9 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- Experience life on a historic hacienda in Ecuador’s volcanic highlands
- Mingle with locals at the Otavalo market
- Enjoy a Galápagos cruise with wildlife outings by snorkel, kayak, and foot
- Learn from top naturalists about giant tortoises
- Adjust this itinerary: more time in the Andes, longer cruise, tie in Peru, and so on
Beloved for its Galápagos Islands, Ecuador also offers scenery and culture in its highlands that fewer visitors see. There, imposing Andean volcanoes are juxtaposed with bustling textile markets, and impeccable colonial architecture. To share this splendid side of Ecuador, GeoEx’s South America specialists have designed a journey that combines the highlands with those must-see islands. You can soak up Andean culture at a historic hacienda, then set sail on a Galápagos cruise, trailing albatross and iguanas. This itinerary gives you an idea of what's possible; we'll adjust any and all of it for you.
We had a great experience with GeoEx and expect that we'll use GeoEx again. We enjoy the peace of mind that comes with a trip planned with assistance of experts.– Shawn D.
Overnight in Quito, then drive into the volcano-studded Andean highlands, where life is lived much as it was centuries ago A family-owned hacienda and working farm welcomes you.
Hike or ride horses to alpine lakes and interact with thriving indigenous communities Visit a condor reserve.
Fly to the Galápagos and embark on cruise Fine food, refreshing cocktails, and nature talks aboard your comfortable ship fill the time between island excursions.
Exceptional naturalist guides introduce otherworldly wildlife during kayaking, snorkeling, and hiking outings Commune with blue-footed boobies, sea lions, marine iguanas, and prickly-pear cacti before relaxing on board.
The Charles Darwin Research Station, known for its tortoise breeding center, broadens your understanding of Galápagos wildlife and history Fly to Guayaquil and overnight before catching flights home or onward.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $7725 per person (Custom Trip)
Optional extension at Galápagos Safari Camp: From $2370 per person
Reduced rates for children under 12
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance