Cuba Family Explorer
Custom | 6 Days | Easy Touring
- Go with Cuba experts: GeoEx has been taking travelers there since 2000
- A private journey tailor-made for your family
- Discover Havana through Afro-Cuban drumming, salsa, and cooking lessons
- Mountain bike and zip-line in the striking Viñales Valley
- Soak up authentic Cuban life at art communities and privately run paladares
As Cuba enters a new era, it's an incredible time to visit―both for the rich culture that is still robustly alive and for the natural splendor so often out of reach to travelers. Our family journey reveals the full breadth of beauty, intrigue, and adventure, skillfully balancing Cuban culture with outdoor activities. We explore the vibrant capital of Havana with Afro-Cuban drumming and Cuban art. Then, continuing into the countryside, we discover a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve and the lush Viñales Valley. Along the way there are opportunities for mountain biking, horseback riding, and zip-lining.
The trip you put together for us was incredible. The people we met, the lecturers we had, the arts we saw—every little thing exceeded all of my expectations. This trip enlightened me so much about Cuba's history, people, relationship with the US and world, challenges, future, and day-to-day life. I could go on for days....– Michael R.
In Havana, Cuba's heart and soul, discover the old town by foot and bici-taxi, learn about Cuban percussion at a drumming class, and see how cigars are made Admire mosaics in Jaimanitas.
Your day in the stunning Viñales Valley includes mountain biking, zip-lining, and learning about tobacco culture.
A local chef welcomes you into his home for a cooking class Explore a farm, opt to horseback ride, and visit Hemingway's home Embrace Cuban rhythm at a fun-filled salsa lesson and a sensational dance show by Havana Queens, an award-winning local dance company Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered November–May
From $5000 per person (Custom Trip)
Please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing; minimum trip length is five days.
Recommended minimum age is 9 years old.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance