Botswana The Miraculous Delta
Group Travel | 10 Days
- The world-famous Okavango Delta by foot, vehicle, boat, and helicopter
- Legendary safari guides and exclusive camps selected for the season
- Spot hippos, elephants, crocodiles, big cats, oryx, and wondrous birds
- Trip cost includes overnight in Johannesburg and flights to Botswana
- Optional extension to majestic Victoria Falls already built in
The Miraculous Delta explores Botswana’s subtle and spectacular sceneries, from shady lagoons and meandering waterways to riverine forests, for some of Africa’s finest game viewing. We’ve lined up the country’s very best safari guides to lead our small-group trips, which coincide with two particularly apt seasons, and chosen delightful camps perfectly in tune with the time of year. During the high season, we explore plains exposed by the receding winter floods, and in the green season, we pay close attention to the Kalahari, bursting with new life.
The Botswana trip was one of the best ever... I can only say that those who sign up for this trip are in for a fabulous time.– RUTH K.
Arrive in Johannesburg, South Africa, where you’re met at the airport and taken to your elegant hotel for the night.
2 – 3
The optional Victoria Falls extension gives us two days to savor the thunderously great waterfall, flying into Livingstone, Zambia, and staying at a splendid camp on the Zambezi River.
We wing our way to the northern Okavango Delta and take a wildlife cruise on the Chobe River Travelers not doing the extension arrive from Johannesburg.
5 – 6
Safari outings in the Linyanti (a remote, gorgeous reserve) include canoe trips and the chance to see swimming elephants and migratory birds, such as vibrant kingfishers and vocal cuckoos.
7 – 9
Fly to the private Jao Concession, where we have special access to Pelo Camp, a superb place to observe hippo and crocodile on game drives and helicopter over Okavango channels, islands, grasslands, and animals.
10 – 11
At the Vumbura Concession (accessible only by aircraft), we take game drives and pole about by mokoro, spotting such wetland and savannah wildlife as red lechwe, waterbuck, hippo, crocodile, kudu, leopard, and cheetah.
Fly to Johannesburg and catch flights home, or embark on additional exploring (GeoEx is happy to make the arrangements).
The above itinerary is for the high season, including the optional Victoria Falls extension.
In the green season, we swap Vumbura for the Kalahari, which is bursting with new life, and walk with San people, learning about ancient tracking, hunting, and gathering ways.
Dates & Prices
03/12/20 – 03/21/20 (Extension 3/21–23; Green Season)
04/22/20 – 05/01/20 (Extension 5/1–3; Green Season)
07/16/20 – 07/25/20 (Extension 7/14–16; Dry Season)
11/02/20 – 11/11/20 (Extension 11/11–13; Green Season)
2019 Group Trips: From $9225 per person
2020 Group Trips: From $9725 per person
Optional Victoria Falls Extension for 2019 & 2020: From $2965 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
7 Reasons to Go on a Botswana Safari During Green SeasonRead More
6 Reasons Why You Should Go to Botswana, Again & AgainRead More
Notes on an Okavango OdysseyRead More
An Essential Safari GlossaryRead More