Nepal & Tibet Custom Treks
Custom | 6 Days | Moderate to Rigorous Trekking
- Take in the Himalaya on a trek crafted according to your interests, time frame, and experience
- Fully-supported expeditions with exceptional guides, top-notch equipment, and excellent food
- Opt for deluxe camping or comfortable lodges
- Opportunities to explore cultural treasures, including hard-to-reach pilgrimage sites
- Revel in the Jokhang Temple in Lhasa and the UNESCO World Heritage Site Kathmandu Valley
Our ties to these Himalayan stunners go back almost as long as we can remember: Many GeoEx old-timers initiated their travel lives in Nepal, and GeoEx got its start in Tibet. We know both regions deeply and love taking travelers on treks amid their plunging gorges, ice citadels, and vast, thin-air deserts. The possibilities are wide-ranging, from venturing to Kangchenjunga near India and hiking in Mustang on the central Tibetan borderlands to trekking to sacred Mount Kailash in western Tibet—all in good GeoEx style, with the utmost attention to safety and great respect for high beauty and living cultures.
Our Nepalese cook was excellent. He provided us with very good meals in most difficult conditions. I loved his dal and pasta preparations!– Ravindra V.
Annapurna Foothills (6 Days): Starting near Pokhara, hike from terraced rice fields and gorgeous valleys through old-growth forests with orchids to a ridge with expansive views of the Annapurna Range. Visit villages and stay in comfortable teahouse lodgings along the way.
Khumbu (Everest) Trek (7 Days): This lodge-to-lodge trek ventures into the heart of the Himalaya, offering time to soak up Mount Everest, "Goddess of the Sky," from a more comfortable distance.
Central Tibet Trek (8 Days): Beneath expansive skies and a backdrop of rocky peaks, this moderate four-day trek takes you from the 800-year old Tsurpho Monastery through remote valleys to the seldom-visited Dorje Ling Nunnery and Yangpachen Valley, set below Nyenchen Tanglha (23,330 feet).
Kingdom of Mustang Trek (10 Days): A rare immersion into the high-desert landscapes, walled fortress-villages, sandstone cliffs and caves, and treasure-filled monasteries of the Kingdom of Mustang, one of the last remnants of ancient Tibet. Enjoy inspired rambles and a little trekking.
Tsum Valley Trek (12 Days): Travel from Hindu villages in steamy forests up through dramatic canyons to the Tsum Valley, one of the eight Himalayan beyuls (sacred, hidden Buddhist lands), recently opened to trekkers. Ascend to Mu Gompa, a monastery founded in 1895, and jaw-dropping mountain views.
Dates & Prices
Custom treks are offered when the seasons allow; please see the itinerary or call us for more details.
We look forward to talking with you about pricing, route options, and best time to go. Give us a call to start planing at 888-570-7108.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a local guides, drivers, porters and other trek/camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Tomorrow – Experiencing Hindu Death RitualsRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
A Butter Lamp Offering for Anthony BourdainRead More
The Man Who Told FuturesRead More
A Happy Side Effect of TravelRead More