Exploring Greenland & the Canadian High Arctic
Group Travel | 18 Days
- Behold dramatic floating ice, sea, and landscapes
- Watch for walruses and polar bears
- National Geographic Explorer, a comfortable ship with lectures and presentations by expert guides
- Visit indigenous communities in Greenland and the Canadian Arctic
We journey to the Arctic to see a pristine wonderland of jaw-dropping land-, ice-, and sea-scapes where Mother Nature reigns supreme. We go to observe wildlife, from Arctic hares and foxes to polar bears, seals and walruses, in their natural habitats. We go to hear stories of explorers and to meet Inuit communities. And although reaching the Arctic is no small undertaking, going aboard the National Geographic Explorer ship makes the adventure as safe, comfortable, informative, and fun—as easy as it can be.
1 – 3
After traveling to Iceland and getting a taste of Reykjavík, you jet by charter flight to Greenland, where you board the ship and embark.
4 – 5
Cruise along Greenland's west coast, savoring views of deep fjords, and stop to discover a former whaling village with 18th-century wooden buildings Whales might say hello as you sail in Baffin Bay.
6 – 13
In the Canadian High Arctic, watch for ringed seals, polar bears, walruses, and other wildlife; visit a small Inuit community and learn about their ways of life; marvel at beautiful, glacier-carved Lancaster Sound, where European explorers first ventured in the 17th century in search of the Northwest Passage.
14 – 16
After sailing into Disko Bay, set out for a tongue of the Greenland Ice Cap Zodiac among towering icebergs of the UNESCO World Heritage-designated Ilulissat Icefjord, kayak through picturesque waterways, and hike to an archaeological site in the Sermermiut Valley.
17 – 18
Disembark in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland, and fly back to Reykjavík Opt to soak at the Blue Lagoon or tour the Reykjanes Peninsula before catching flights home.
Dates & Prices
08/14/21 – 08/31/21
2020 Group Trips: From $17,290 per person
2021 Group Trips: From $17,390 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance