The North Pole
Luxury Group Travel | 14 Days
- Travel the Arctic aboard a comfortable nuclear icebreaker
- Stand at the North Pole and celebrate with a champagne toast
- Polar bears, walruses, and dramatic light
- Visit Franz Josef Land, an extremely remote archipelago of 190 islands
- Expertly led helicopter and Zodiac excursions
Essayist and Arctic poet, Gretel Ehrlich, describes the Arctic as a place where “the real and the imagined have long since fused.” You get there comfortably aboard the 50 Years of Victory, a Russian nuclear icebreaker, enjoying on-board lectures, wildlife sightings, and helicopter and Zodiacs outings en route. There’s time to bask in the light that makes the Arctic so fiercely compelling and to soak up the feeling of standing at the top of the world. Your return takes you back to Murmansk with a couple days in the spine-tinglingly distant Franz Josef islands.
1 – 2
Enjoy a day in Helsinski, Finland's design-savvy capital, before continuing to Murmansk, Russia Board the world’s largest icebreaker, settle into your cabin, and set sail for the Arctic.
3 – 7
As you cruise northward, watch for wildlife and floating sea ice, see more of the region with exhilarating helicopter and Zodiac outings, and learn from experts on board.
Land at the North Pole, stepping foot where very few people have stood A champagne toast—and possibly a ride by tethered hot-air balloon for even more remarkable views—mark the occasion.
9 – 14
Explore the extremely remote Franz Josef islands by helicopter and boat, seeking out resident walruses and polar bears Disembark at Murmansk, return to Helsinki, and fly home.
Dates & Prices
06/15/22 – 06/28/22
06/26/22 – 07/09/22
From $33,495 per person
based on double occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance