Wilds of Botswana
Custom | 12 Days | Easy Safari
- A custom-designed safari: this itinerary is just a starting point
- Meander the waterways of the Okavango Delta by mokoro
- Hippos, zebras, lions, lechwe, even swimming elephants
- Stay in exclusive camps carefully chosen for the season
- Bush walks and game drives led by expert guides
A one-of-a-kind natural masterpiece, the Okavango Delta is the happy result of the 1,000-mile long Okavango River’s failure to find an outlet to the sea. Instead, the river comes to what the great photographer Frans Lanting calls “a splendid death,” seeping productively into the bone-dry Kalahari Desert, creating the world’s largest inland delta. Among a dizzying variety of flora and world-class panoply of fauna, you’ll witness unforgettable wildlife interactions from one exquisite reserve to the next, always based from the most exclusive, comfortable camps.
We are all so very grateful to you for organizing our Botswana trip. From every perspective—logistics, venues, choice of guide, clear instructions, adequate preparation, and setting expectations—we could not have asked for more.– Bob F.
After a night in Johannesburg, fly to the Okavango Delta Your beautiful tented camp in the Kwedi Reserve is accessible only by aircraft.
Traverse the floodplains by mokoro and the savannah by four-by-four, watching for pods of hippos, colorful birds, crocodiles, sables, buffaloes, elephants, cheetahs, and other creatures.
Fly into the heart of the delta, where you track lions and spot such birds as Pel's fishing-owls, African skimmers, and wattled cranes based from a private camp on a riverine island.
Guided walks and day and night drives at Chitabe (an enormous concession near Moremi Game Reserve) may reveal lions, impalas, and hippos, as well as elusive nocturnal animals like aardvarks and civets.
A charter flight whisks you north to the remote Linyanti Reserve, known for huge herds of elephants While at your luxurious riverside camp and on excursions, look for buffaloes, hyenas, warthogs, big cats, and countless avian species.
Fly to Johannesburg and catch flights home, or embark on additional exploring (GeoEx is happy to make the arrangements).
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $12,500 per person (Custom Trip)
Internal Air: $1000 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance