Great Zimbabwe & the Mighty Zambezi
Custom | 11 Days | Easy Safari
- Exceptional value: a lesser known, equally deserving safari destination
- Canoeing, wildlife walks, night drives and catch-and-release fishing
- Welcoming people and attentive guides
- Unrivaled accommodations on Lake Kariba and in Hwange National Park
- Follow this itinerary or have us design your dream trip
We are crouched on the dust, cameras whirring away, because a pack of wild dogs has just sauntered across the hill. Our guide—also crouched with his camera out—reminds us that this is still one of the most endangered species on the continent. Moments later, we spot a trio of cheetah contemplating the canids. They slump back down, having decided that a primordial dog and cat fight is not in order today. These are the scenes of the Zambezi River, where you might find some of the best game viewing in sub-Saharan Africa.
GeoEx did a better job than I could have ever done planning this safari... In Zimbabwe I'd wake up every morning to antelope and zebras hanging out at the watering hole 100 yards away.– Lauren V.
Arrive at Victoria Falls and bask in the smoky mist of the cataract just steps from your Edwardian hotel Board a sunset cruise on the life-giving Zambezi River.
Fly to Hwange National Park to encounter a bountiful elephant population Acacias pepper Kalahari sands in a sensational setting for walks and night drives.
Lake Kariba's tributaries and grasslands abound with lion, leopard, cheetah, and hyena, which you seek based from tented suites with mountain views.
Reach Mana Pools National Park by plane By foot, vehicle, and boat, watch foraging elephants, waterbuck, and birds in the river, floodplains, and tree canopies Fly to Harare and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $8900 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance