Treasures of Zambia
Custom | 15 Days | Easy Safari
- Safari excursions by canoe, foot, four-by-four, and helicopter
- Top-notch camps and lodges, situated for sensational views
- One of southern Africa's wildest regions with bountiful wildlife
- Insightful, personalized encounters with animals, from the Big Five to butterflies
- A custom-designed trip: this sample itinerary is just a starting point
This rare walking and canoeing safari explores the spectacular scenery, flora, and fauna of Zambia’s South Luangwa Valley, the Lower Zambezi, and Kafue National Park—all based from some of the continent’s most fetching and reposeful camps and small lodges. Alongside skilled safari guides, you'll roam savannahs and floodplains by foot, open vehicle, boat, and helicopter, enjoying an unusually wide range of active options. There's ample time for lazing at camp and gazing at African wildlife—elephant, buffalo, leopard, lion, giraffe, hippo, and hundreds of bird species—as it flies, drifts, jaunts, and gallops nearby.
From the moment I landed, everything was seamless, including all the travel between safari camps—no small task considering there are no real roads in the bush. The camps GeoEx chose were eco-friendly, had great amenities and an extremely knowledgeable staff, and were in prime locations.– Lauren V.
Fly from Lusaka to the South Luangwa Valley and settle into a lodge situated between the Muchinga escarpment and the mighty Luangwa River.
Highly personalized bush camp adventures get you intimate with the landscape and its inhabitants, from meandering termites to a bee-eater snaring a butterfly to hippos lazing in a lagoon.
Fly to Lower Zambezi National Park to track herds of elephants on foot, revel in moonlit game drives, and perhaps witness a hunting pride of lions.
A helicopter whisks you to Kafue National Park for outings on the Busanga Plains Watch for big cats, wild dogs, and antelopes before stargazing from the raised platforms of your luxury camp.
The morning is yours to admire hundreds of water birds on the Lunga and Kafue Rivers before returning to Lusaka After a night in Lusaka, depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered June–November
From $15,000 per person (Custom Trip)
Internal airfare: $1700 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance