Costa Rica Family Discovery
Custom | 9 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- A private journey designed just for you: this itinerary is a starting point
- Active options like surfing and rafting amid jungle, volcano, waterfall, and ocean
- Up-close encounters with bugs, birds, sloths, monkeys, and dolphins
- Hike to a remote village and get to know its kids and way of life
- Scenic charter flights and luxurious, family-friendly eco-lodges
Costa Rica is a natural paradise unsurpassed in wildlife and adventure. We've been delighting in its diversity and surprises for some 20 years and have designed this exhilarating—and completely customizable—family adventure to reveal its beloved sights and best far-flung places. To make the experience fun and supremely comfortable for your traveling clan, we tie it all together with scenic flights, overnights at exquisite family-friendly eco-lodges, and ample relaxation time. Opportunities abound for active excursions, such as horseback riding, kayaking, getting eye-to-eye with monkeys and toucans from hanging bridges, and flying by zip-line through the rain-forest canopy.
The trip had the perfect combination of restful luxury, kid fun, and educational adventure! Every transitional link in the trip—be it lodging, waterfall rappelling, vehicular transportation, internal airfare—went without a hitch. We never waited or scratched our heads or had to call someone... Every reservation was perfect... We felt incredibly well cared for.– Carol S.
Touch down in San José and take a scenic charter flight to San Isidro Go for a waterfall hike, meet your lodge’s farm animals, and go horseback riding.
From an expansive hacienda, you can visit a coffee farm, join a cooking class, or relax in a pool with lush mountain valley views.
After arriving in Quepos, drive off-road to a tented jungle retreat Go for an adrenaline-charged zip-line ride, hike to a welcoming village, and watch for exotic birds.
Raft to the Pacific, then fly to the lesser-visited Osa Peninsula, where you'll revel in wildlife and empty beaches, and take naturalist-led walks in the rain forest.
A boat whisks you to your Golfo Dulce eco-lodge for snorkeling and kayaking Join naturalists on rain-forest rambles, keeping an eye out for scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys Fly to San José for homeward flights.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered December–April & June–August
From $6775 per adult, $5950 per child (Custom Trip)
Internal air: $685
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance