||Day Hiking, Biking, Rafting, Water and Beach, Sailing
||Call 888-570-7108 for custom extension options
Costa Rica is a natural paradise unsurpassed in wildlife and adventure. We've been delighting in its diversity and surprises for some 20 years and have designed this exhilarating nine-day family adventure to reveal its beloved sights and best far-flung places. To make the experience fun and supremely comfortable for your traveling clan, we tie it all together with scenic flights, overnights at exquisite family-friendly eco-lodges, and ample relaxation time.
After touching down in San José and getting a taste (literally) of a coffee farm, head into the cloud forest near Arenal Volcano. Here you’ll make the daring journey across hanging bridges, rappel into a waterfall, and explore by mountain bike and zip-line. Then venture toward the Pacific via tented jungle retreat, welcoming village, and river raft, engaging with local children and watching for brightly colored toucans. Time on the Pacific coast brings sailing, lounging, and even surfing, along with hiking in acclaimed Manuel Antonio National Park. Finally it's off to the off-the-beaten-path, wildlife-thronged Osa Peninsula to dally in the sensational Lapa Rios Wildlife Reserve, joining naturalists on rain-forest rambles and soaking in the refreshing pool while keeping an eye out for scarlet macaws and white-faced monkeys.
See our brochure to compare all the
2013 GeoEx Family Trips ►
Itinerary at a Glance
- Day 1: arrive San José, drive to Central Valley
- Days 2 & 3: visit coffee plantation, drive to Arenal, hiking, mountain biking, rappelling
- Day 4: fly to Quepos, drive to Rafiki Safari Lodge
- Day 5: river rafting to Pacific Ocean
- Day 6: Manuel Antonio National Park, sailing
- Days 7 & 8: fly to the incomparable Osa Peninsula, explore
- Day 9: fly to San José, depart for home.