Cambodia: The Road Less Traveled
Custom | 12 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring
- A private trip custom-designed for you
- An intimate look at Cambodia's rarely visited regions
- Sleep in a floating lodge and kayak through mangrove forest
- Witness the energetic capital as well as its serene countryside
- Guided visits of glorious Angkor temples
This intimate look at the little-known regions of Cambodia begins in the country’s charismatic capital, Phnom Penh. From there you journey south through the quiet countryside to the Gulf of Thailand, the Cardamom Forest protected area, and the great complex of temples at Angkor, one of humanity’s greatest architectural achievements. Along the way you'll discover magnificent waterfalls, mangroves, birds, and fireflies, and have opportunities to hike, boat, and learn about conservation. But this sample itinerary is just a suggestion: we'll adjust it or redesign it completely to match your interests.
We have sampled the local cuisine, including noodle soups for breakfast, fresh crab in Kep, and chicken bones in garlic and red pepper—delicious! Today we kayaked to a mountain waterfall, climbed to its top, and jumped in. After our swim, we picnicked on smoked salmon and fresh mangos overlooking the cascade, feeling like we were dreaming, pinching ourselves to realize we really were in Cambodia.– Amie J.
Arrive in Phnom Penh and enjoy a day of guided sightseeing, including the Royal Palace and National Museum.
After driving to Kep, set amid sparkling waters and verdant mountains, visit its lively crab market, linger on the beaches of Rabbit Island, or ascend to Bokor Mountain to see an old French colonial hill station.
In the Cardamom Forest Protected Area, options for hiking, mountain biking, boating, and bird-watching abound Learn from experts about conservation.
Boat through lush forest to Tatai village, where you can take riverside walks, kayak through mangroves, and watch for wildlife before retiring to your floating lodge Return to Phnom Penh.
Magnificent temple viewing awaits at Angkor See the seldom-visited pre-Angkorian temples at Sambor Prei Kuk Depart from Siem Reap.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered October–May
From $6240 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
The Importance of Travel in Turbulent (and Not So Turbulent) TimesRead More
Giving Back Around the WorldRead More
Sharing in the Wonder of Angkor WatRead More
Jayavarman VII: Angkor’s Greatest KingRead More
A Father-Daughter Adventure: Or, Why You Shouldn’t WaitRead More
Five Reasons to Become a Morning Person in Angkor WatRead More