Custom | 9 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- The dream Alaska adventure, custom-designed for you
- Exquisitely remote lodges—only accessible by plane or boat
- Jaw-dropping mountains, glaciers, rain forests, and fjords
- Thrilling wildlife sightings, from bears to eagles to whales
- Myriad activity options: heli-hiking, kayaking, fishing, and more
They say it's easy to get lost in Alaska—a good thing, if you know where to go. We've hand-selected a number of supremely comfortable and remote wilderness lodges—reachable only by boat or bush plane—to immerse you in its pristine wilderness. You can helicopter to jaw-dropping glaciers one day, walk alongside bears the next, and then kayak through spellbinding fjords. And should there be hiccup due to Alaska’s unpredictable environment and complex logistics, we're ready with a back-up plan.
Arrive in Anchorage and overnight A float plane whisks you into the Alaska Range, then touches down on a sparkling lake in front of Winterlake Lodge.
The on-site helicopter delivers you to isolated ridges and breathtaking meadows to hike, fly-fish, river raft, visit with sled dogs at their summer glacier camp, and watch for bears and moose Savor a massage and gourmet cuisine.
Fly by float plane to the Kenai Peninsula, where dramatic fjords have been carved into 7000-foot mountains Tutka Bay Lodge welcomes you to its cozy collection of cabins and sprawling deck.
Options abound for discovering this wilderness area, including a coastal brown bear walking safari (a huge highlight), deep-sea fishing, kayaking alongside otters, hiking through old-growth Sitka spruce, cooking classes, and yoga.
Return to Anchorage by bush plane and overnight.
Depart for home, or extend your stay in Wrangell-Saint Elias National Park, and settle in at the wonderfully remote Ultima Thule Lodge.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered May–October
From $13,625 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Where We're Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
Close Encounters with Bears in AlaskaRead More
Staff Roundup: Unexpected WondersRead More
The Wonders We Never Look For: Seeking the Northern Lights in AlaskaRead More
Why Explore Alaska's Inside Passage by Small Ship CruiseRead More