Alaska’s Glacier Country
Luxury Group Travel | 8 Days
- Glacier Bay National Park and Tongass National Forest by 22-guest small ship
- Twice-daily excursions to explore by skiff, kayak, paddleboard, and hikes
- Watch for wildlife with expert naturalist guides in majestic scenery
- Humpback whales, black and brown bears, eagles, sea otters, harbor seals
- Close encounters with spectacular calving glaciers and floating icebergs
As John Muir wrote in Travels to Alaska, “to the lover of wilderness, Alaska is one of the most wonderful countries in the world.” Indeed, the blue ice of massive glaciers, shadowy conifer forests filled with moss and ferns, and craggy Pacific coastline combine for an epic wilderness experience. Explore these diverse ecosystems aboard a small ship, cruising close to glaciers and watching for whales from the deck.
Departing from Juneau, each day you have opportunities to step into the landscape: listening for bird calls as you walk through the trees, paddling kayaks as harbor seals frolic, watching for sea otters from a skiff, and peering into tide pools to discover anemones and crabs.
Glacier views from sea plane, from the boat, and the skiff and kayaks were off the charts.– Bruce M.
1 – 2
After arriving in Juneau, voyage north through Icy Strait to reach Glacier Bay, stopping for paddles and hikes along the way.
Joined onboard by a park ranger, navigate through UNESCO-listed Glacier Bay, watching for puffins and sea lions Get a tremendous view of blue ice calving dramatically into the water, with chances of a bear or mountain goat encounter.
4 – 5
Enter the Tongass National Forest, searching for black bears and eagles as you explore the waterfalls, tidepools, and inlets of Chichagof and Kuiu Islands.
Watch for breaching humpback whales as you cross Frederick Sound, along with sea birds and sea lions Soak in the scenery from the onboard hot tub.
7 – 8
Slip into Ford’s Terror Wilderness area for waterfalls and sheer cliffs, then out to marvel at Dawes Glacier Celebrate with a farewell dinner before disembarking.
Dates & Prices
Departures on Fridays, May - September; contact us for specific cruise dates
From $8,395 per person
based on double occupancy
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where Global Travel Experts Are Going in 2022Read More
Travel in 2021: GeoEx Staff StoriesRead More
Flying High: Best Helicopter Tours In The WorldRead More
Where We’re Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
Close Encounters with Bears in AlaskaRead More
Staff Roundup: Unexpected WondersRead More