South Africa Family Safari
Custom | 12 Days | Easy Touring and Safari
- Spot incredible wildlife at an off-the-radar, private game reserve
- Options to hike, horseback ride, whale-watch, and kayak
- Explore Cape history and culture with a walking tour and township visit
- Scale Table Mountain for a barbecue and summit sleepover
South Africa is one of the world's most diverse countries, a place where towering giraffes and strong-shouldered zebras mingle on vast open plains, rolling grasslands give way to scenic coastal communities, and families of Homo sapiens gaze off Table Mountain one day and track lion the next. This seamless adventure combines cultural touring in and around Cape Town with sightings of fabulous wildlife, explorations of ancient cave dwellings, and time among flowering wild malvas and red ericas, making for an altogether unforgettable journey.
Words can't express how happy we are with the trip GeoEx put together for us. Traveling with our three kids for an extended period of time in South Africa was truly priceless—and something that we will all cherish forever! The beauty and culture of Cape Town, the meaningful township visits, and the adventurous, lively safari experiences combined to make a trip that was simply PERFECT!– Melanie F.
Your explorations in and around Cape Town include sea kayaking to an African penguin colony, meeting artists in the township of Kayamandi, and visiting a cheetah education center.
Hike up Table Mountain and overnight at its summit Your Cape Town walking tour includes Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and the colorful homes of Bo-Kapp, historical heart of Cape Malay culture.
Whale-watch and take nature walks from Grootbos Nature Reserve, a natural sanctuary of land and sea Investigate milkwood forests, stone-age caves, and tide pools on guided hikes, drives, and horseback rides.
A thrilling safari at Tswalu Kalahari Reserve immerses you in the realm of zebra, rhino, lion, and San rock art Enjoy delectable meals, bonfires, sundowners, and even spa time.
Fly to Cape Town and depart for home GeoEx is happy to extend your adventure in Rocktail Bay, Kruger National Park, Mozambique, or other spots.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
(this itinerary is best suited to travel between September and March)
From $15,000 per person (Custom Trip)
From $3900 per child under 11 years old; reduced rates may be available for kids under 6
Prices include internal airfare and park fees.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, game drives, events, visits, and entrance fees
- All park and conservation fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of professional wildlife guides/drivers and camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance