Solar Eclipse Argentina & Patagonia Icons
Group | 12 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- Exclusive viewing of 2020 eclipse on a private Argentine ranch far from crowds
- Viewing site with longest totality and least chance of clouds
- Talks by astronomer Dr. Ed Krupp, director of the Griffith Observatory
- Hiking among the breathtaking mountains of Chile's Torres del Paine National Park
- Exploring Perito Moreno Glacier by private boat and on foot
"Every eclipse is extraordinary," explains acclaimed astronomer Dr. Ed Krupp, who joins us on this trip. "It is, in fact, the most spectacular thing the sky does... there's really nothing quite as amazing to people as the effect in its entirety of a total solar eclipse." For the eclipse on December 14, 2020, we’ve lined up a private viewing in the area expected to have the longest duration of totality and the best weather conditions across all of South America. Based from a luxury tented camp on a private 22,000-acre family-owned ranch in the Neuquén Province of Argentina, we'll have the opportunity to revel in the celestial event far from crowds and light pollution, while gaining insight from Dr. Krupp. We'll also get to explore Patagonia's highest lights, including Torres del Paine.
Merlin was welcoming, patient, prepared (always prepared!), flexible...the list goes on! He was simply excellent.– Allison S.
Arrive in Santiago, Chile, and overnight Fly to Patagonia and drive to Torres del Paine National Park.
In stunning Torres del Paine, we hike amid iconic peaks, glaciers, pristine lakes, and gnarled Magellanic trees and watch for guanacos and Chilean flamingos.
Driving into Argentina, we make our way to Los Glaciares National Park, settling into an authentic estancia A private boat whisks us from the estancia to the sensational Perito Moreno Glacier for explorations by foot and water.
Fly north to the beautiful Argentine Lake District and then travel the Route of the Seven Lakes to the Neuquén Province, stopping along the way to take photos and sample local delicacies.
Experience a total solar eclipse from a private ranch located in the path of totality where prospects for good weather are best Learn about the sky during day and night from acclaimed astronomer Dr. Ed Krupp Opt to explore the Argentine steppe with hikes and outings on horseback.
Fly to Buenos Aires, Argentina's cosmopolitan capital, and overnight Depart for home or to explore more of South America.
Dates & Prices
12/6/20 – 12/17/20
From $18,450 per person (Group Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All gratuities
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, astronomer, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Where We're Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
Surrendering to Seven Sights in Chilean PatagoniaRead More
Staff Roundup: Unexpected WondersRead More
Patagonia: Mirror Image, with PenguinsRead More
Crossing Borders: Eight Memorable AdventuresRead More