Scotland Family Discovery
Custom | 7 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- A customizable, activity-packed trip that takes you off the beaten path
- Infinite fun: kayaking, geocaching, horse riding, archery, treasure hunting, and more
- Experience stunning coastline, the Isle of Skye, and Cairngorms National Park
- Travel with expert guides who explain Gaelic lore, astronomy, and Highland ecosystems
- Thrilling ride on the Harry Potter steam train—wizard costumes optional!
We and our Scottish friends are excited to introduce you to the enchanting Highlands, getting you off the tourist track and sharing engaging escapades. You kick things off in Inverness with interactive exhibitions at battle sites and then head west to Arisaig via the Harry Potter steam train. Offshore adventures await on the Isles of Eigg and Skye before you reach Kintail to admire a fairy-tale castle. Days are spent with such activities as sea kayaking (looking out for seals), geocaching for treasure, practicing archery, horseback riding, and foraging. Evenings take you on sunset hikes up craggy cliffs and end with Gaelic storytelling under the stars. But this sample itinerary is just a suggestion; we'll tailor the activities and trip length according to your family's desires.
Arrive in Inverness and explore Cairngorms National Park, where forests, hills, and lochs set the scene for paddleboarding and horseback riding.
The scenic Jacobite Train (aka, Hogwarts Express) takes you to Arisaig, crossing the famous, towering viaduct Visit the Outdoor Highland Folk Museum.
Ferry to the Isle of Eigg, hike to its highest vantage point, and learn about its intriguing history Sea kayak on the Sound of Arisaig, watching for dolphins and otters before traveling to the Isle of Skye.
The Isle of Skye invites you to meander remote lochs, Fairy Pools, and the colorful village of Portree Consider a whisky tasting.
Drive through the remote and mountainous region of Kintail and explore the 13th-century Eilean Donan Castle Return to Inverness and depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered May–September
From $6975 per adult and $6255 per child (11 years old and younger)* (Custom Trip)
*based on a family of four
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Most sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
The Bonnie Bounties of ScotlandRead More