Mountain Lodges of Peru
Custom | 12 Days | Rigorous Trekking
- Two nights at Machu Picchu, so you can explore in relative peace
- Hike between four magnificently sited lodges in the Andean highlands
- A privately guided, personalized visit to Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- Cross Salkantay Pass, surrounded by spectacular snowcapped peaks
- Opt to add Lake Titicaca, the Amazon, Colca Canyon, and more
The highlights of the once-mighty Inca empire, Cusco and Machu Picchu, often eclipse the wonderful, modern-day communities tucked within the surrounding Andes. But on this journey you’ll get an intimate look at Peruvian mountain culture, hiking through indigenous villages by day and savoring exquisite hospitality by night, in addition to those shining highlights. All of Peru’s charms—scenic and human—are on display on this hiking and touring trip centered around sensationally set lodges, which look like they were airlifted from Vail. Stop in Lima before heading home or to other enticing South American destinations.
I can't say enough good things about all of our staff on this trip. The cooks were awesome, the muleteers were exceptional, and our guide was a pleasure. Historically he was accurate and and educational. His guiding skills were top notch.– Karen L.
Fly via Lima to Cusco, the ancient Inca capital, and explore on a tour In the Sacred Valley, revel in Incan archaeological complexes and Pisac’s lively market.
Hikes between sumptuous lodges showcase beautiful Andean snow giants, glacier-fed lakes, and the heavenly 15,210-foot Salkantay Pass, and offer opportunities to interact with locals.
After a scenic train ride to Aguas Calientes, relish three more days of rewarding hiking along such paths as the restored Llactapata Inca Trail Visit an organic coffee farm and enjoy a pachamanca meal.
Spend a full day discovering Machu Picchu, the fabled Incan citadel with your guide and on your own Fly home via Lima and its remarkable Larco Museum.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered March–November
From $6795 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on four travelers)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, porters and other trek/camp staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance