Peru Family Journey
Custom Travel | 8 Days
- A private, custom-designed journey with active options
- Hike to stunning views of Machu Picchu, the “Lost City of the Incas”
- Discover Cusco’s living Incan walls and Spanish colonial structures
- Bike to Maras’ terraced salt pools and Moray’s archaeological ruins
- Build an underground Andean barbecue oven, then unearth a sizzling feast
There’s no need to leave the kids at home when traveling to a country as rich in cultural wonders and outdoor fun as Peru. This smartly planned journey delves into both, making for a highly engaging multigenerational trip into the heart of the Inca empire. You’ll make your way through the Sacred Valley, kayaking, ruin discovering, and engaging with Quechua folk. You’ll discover the long-lost jungle city of Machu Picchu and saddle up to Cusco’s fascinating archaeological sites on horseback. Mountain biking, whitewater rafting, and a traditional Andean barbecue may also await.
Our trip was so wonderful. We really loved our guide and how he personalized the trip for us...The shaman ceremony was very eye-opening!...Hiking was, of course, great as well. We genuinely liked everything about it—how balanced the itinerary was, how luxurious our hotels were, how informative our guide was, etc...We got a lot of great photos!– NAOMI T.
1 – 3
After a night in Lima, fly to Cusco Join expert guides in the Sacred Valley to kayak, bike to Maras' salt pools, explore Pisac's ruins, and peruse local markets.
4 – 5
Discover Machu Picchu during its quietest hours, hiking, investigating, and pondering the great civilization that once thrived on this orchid-strewn mountaintop Return to Cusco by rail and road.
6 – 8
Cusco’s charming streets and Spanish colonial masterpieces come to life on a guided walk for adults, while kids make chocolate Ride horses to ruins and raft the Urubamba Fly home via Lima.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered April–November
From $5695 per adult, $5130 per child under 12 (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance