Isles, Fjords & Peaks of Patagonia
Custom Travel | 9 Days
- Venture to the lesser-explored wilds of southern Chile
- Follow Darwin to Chiloé Island, home to fantastic birdlife and unique culture
- Savor the breathtaking peaks of Torres del Paine National Park
- Luxurious eco-friendly boutique hotels and sensational local cuisine
- Culture and nature excursions led by a top-notch GeoEx trip leader
Temperate rain forests twittering with birdlife, massive glaciers spilling into azure lakes beneath gaping fjords, granite spires reaching 8,000 feet above the steppe: Southern Chile is one of the few regions that contain these disparate environments. This geography plays host to scores of unusual species, rustic village life, and human-powered adventures. We delve in, led by a sensational guide and hosted by stylish eco-lodges. If that isn’t enough variety for one trip, you can add time in Chile’s otherworldly Atacama Desert, in its enticing Wine Country, or on mysterious Easter Island.
1 – 2
After visiting a historic winery in Santiago, we fly to Chiloé Island, an enigmatically alluring place with sheep-covered hillsides, windswept dunes, temperate forests, and wetlands and waterways teeming with wildlife.
3 – 4
Explore Chiloé’s fishing villages and ecosystems, gliding by private boat charter among stilt-perched homes, mingling with residents, and meandering through peat-filled rain forest, listening for pygmy blue whales.
A scenic drive takes us to Puerto Montt before flying to Punta Arenas, whose historic square offers insight into the largest settlement in the Straights of Magellan.
Some 63,000 breeding pairs of penguins reside on Magdalena Island: we commune with the endearing creatures before continuing by road to Torres del Paine National Park.
7 – 8
Enjoy relaxed outings and reflective walks in Torres del Paine, marveling at majestic massifs, sparkling lakes, twisted Magellanic trees, living glaciers, and wildlife, such as guanacos, foxes, and deer.
Return to Santiago by road and air to catch flights home or embark on additional explorations: GeoEx is happy to arrange time in Chile's Wine Country, Atacama Desert, Easter Island, or elsewhere.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered November–March
Please call for pricing.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Why We Love PatagoniaRead More
Where GeoEx Travel Experts are Going in 2020Read More
Trafficking in ShadowRead More
Reflections: My First Total Solar EclipseRead More
Must-See UNESCO World Heritage Sites You May Never Have Heard OfRead More
Surrendering to Seven Sights in Chilean PatagoniaRead More