Group Travel | 13 Days
- Patagonia’s must-see sights on a trip built with GeoEx’s 20-plus years’ experience
- Incredible adventures through awe-inspiring mountain scenery
- Estancia Cristina: entrancingly beautiful, incredibly wild, graciously welcoming
- Bookend glorious wilderness with civilized Buenos Aires
- Optional extension to the majestic FitzRoy range already built in
Of earth’s 37 billion acres, very few are as stunning as those we savor on this classic trip into Patagonia, where the Andes explode upward into one of the world’s most spectacular mountain clusters. Traveling in a small group (no more than 14), we hike amid the jagged, iconic peaks of Torres del Paine, marvel at calving Perito Moreno Glacier, and revel in a remote wilderness ranch found for us long ago by Patagonian sage Yvon Chouinard. Move between Argentina and Chile, beginning your adventures in sultry Buenos Aires and capping off the trip in mountain-ringed Santiago. An optional FitzRoy extension allows even more time to glory in the remarkable landscape.
We were impressed with the uniformly excellent local guides, the flow of the itinerary, and the consistently excellent logistics.– FRANKLIN C.
This trip exceeded every expectation. Patagonia has long been on my mind, but I could not have anticipated the level at which being there would affect us. I had started out thinking we were taking the trip of a lifetime; now I think it is just the first of its kind.– SUSAN S.
Arrive in Buenos Aires and spend the afternoon exploring the city before overnighting in your luxury hotel.
2 – 4
The optional Fitz Roy extension gives you two full days to hike this magnificent range Fly to El Calafate and drive to the mountain village of El Chaltén, the base for your explorations Travelers not doing the extension arrive in Buenos Aires on Day 4.
The extension ends with the drive back to El Calafate to meet the rest of the group Los Glaciares National Park is “the best place in South America to see glaciers in action,” according to UNESCO Behold Perito Moreno Glacier calve into an icy lake.
6 – 7
Boat across turquoise Lago Argentino to Estancia Cristina, an isolated wilderness ranch and glorious place to wander, fish, ride horses, and gaze at massive peaks.
Ferry across Lake Argentino back to El Calafate Visit one of the few glacier museums in the world and have a drink at the bar—made completely from glacial ice!
9 – 11
A remote road leads to Chile and Torres del Paine National Park Spend two full days of breathtaking hikes (or other activities), savoring views of jaw-dropping summits, and watching for condors and silver foxes.
12 – 13
Travel to Santiago de Chile, check out the sights of the city with a view, and perhaps savor a pisco sour before departing for flights home.
Dates & Prices
01/31/21 – 02/09/21 (Extension 1/28–31) – Led by Merlin Lipshitz; Limited space; please call
03/19/21 – 03/28/21 (Extension 3/16–19)
10/23/21 – 11/01/21 (Extension 10/20–23)
01/31/22 – 02/09/22 (Extension 1/28–31)
03/07/22 – 03/16/22 (Extension 3/04–07)
2021 Group Trips: From $10,475 per person
FitzRoy Extension: From $2575 per person
2022 Group Trips: From $10,875 per person
FitzRoy Extension: From $2675 per person
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance