Trek to K2 & Broad Peak
Group | 22 Days | Rigorous Trekking
- Travel with Vassi Koutsaftis, who has been leading treks since 1986
- Hike among some of the world's most iconic glaciers and peaks, including 28,251-foot K2
- Behold awe-inspiring Concordia, the "Throne Room of Mountain Gods"
- A top-notch support team, providing comfortable camping, hearty meals, and hot tea
- The careful planning and support of GeoEx and our vetted in-country contacts
The highest mountain in the world after Everest, K2 has dared and dazzled mountaineers since its "discovery" in 1856. Located deep in the Karakoram Range on the China-Pakistan border, this majestic colossus rises to 28,251 feet above sea level. Nearby, legendary Broad Peak skyrockets to 26,414 feet. This expedition to the Broad Peak Base Camp and the K2 Gilkey Memorial winds across streams and meadows and past rock and ice to reveal some of the most spectacular alpine scenery on the planet. The trip leader, Vassi Koutsaftis, who has trekked to K2 and Snow Lake in Pakistan at least 7 times and has been to Everest's Kangshung Face 11 times, describes this expedition as the most dramatic and stunning of all.
I thought Vassi was a great trip leader. I enjoyed his company and thought he did an overall great job.– Joy H.
After a night in Islamabad, travel to the village of Shigar, which is tucked in the mountainous Baltistan region of far northeastern Pakistan.
Drive to Askole, where you meet up with your expedition team and trek along rivers, rock walls, and ice fields to the massive Baltoro Glacier and Concordia.
Ascend to the Broad Peak Base Camp and the K2 Gilkey Memorial (weather permitting), savoring panoramas of sparkling summits and tumbling glaciers, and revel in Concordia's setting amid four of the world's highest summits.
Take your time as you hike back down to Jhola Camp, seeing the trail from a different perspective and enjoying tasty, hot meals cooked by your camp staff.
The final stretch brings you to Askole, where you bid farewell to your expedition team and drive to Shigar.
Fly to Islamabad and spend a day exploring (if time allows) before catching flights home.
Dates & Prices
7/10/19 – 7/31/19
From $9825 per person (Group Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations and meals
- All ground transportation, domestic flights, and airport transfers
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, and drivers
- Full trekking staff, including porters, cooks, and camp staff
- Most gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
One of a Kind: Reflections on the K2 TrekRead More
Where We're Going in 2019: Great Travel Destinations & MoreRead More
The Ultimate Road Trip: Traveling in PakistanRead More
Trekking Among Snow Giants in PakistanRead More
Travel that TransformsRead More