Custom | 8 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring
- A private, tailor-made tour of stunning Oman that's off the tourist radar
- Revel in starlit dunes, oases, coastlines, and Islamic architecture
- Amble through quaint villages, fertile farmlands, and Muscat museums
- Experience thrilling Oman souks, markets, and forts
- Meet Bedouins and learn about their lifestyle
The pacific nation of Oman surprises travelers with its desert beauty, soaring mountains, and pristine beaches. We’ve designed this sample Oman itinerary—which is fully customizable—to unveil the country's unforeseen mysteries. Led by a knowledgeable Oman tour guide, you get to know Muscat and its splendid Islamic architecture before tracing the Arabian Sea south to old port towns, lush date plantations, and Oman beaches known for nesting sea turtles. Then it's inland to gorgeous more arid landscapes, where you overnight amid soaring sand dunes and visit forest-clad gorges and cliff-top towns.
Spending a night at a private Bedouin camp makes it a very wonderful experience! … Our guide and driver were extremely personable, and once they found out our interests (e.g., geology and birds), they stopped at interesting places, like one where flamingos were found. They also answered our questions regarding Omani culture. They both made us want to return to explore more of Oman.– Paul S.
Arrive in Muscat and explore the sultanate's past and present at museums, mosques, and a great fish market.
Traveling south along the Arabian Sea, stop in the dhow-building town of Sur, stroll through date plantations, and watch for sea turtles on the beaches of Ras al Jinz.
Your off-road adventure transports you into the walloping dunes of the Wahiba Sands Visit with Bedouins and overnight at an inviting desert camp under bright stars.
Heading into the mountains, visit the exhilarating Sinaw souk, Wadi Ghul gorge, famous Jabreen Castle, and picturesque villages.
Nizwa, Oman's capital in the 6th and 7th centuries, beckons you with its acclaimed fort, Islamic history, and markets full of local produce and handicrafts Follow a spectacular route back to Muscat with insightful stops.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered September–April
From $10,000 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- Cost of Oman visa and visa assistance
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a expert national guide, drivers, porters, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance