Norway Family Journey
Custom Travel | 11 Days
- This itinerary is just a starting point: we’ll design a trip specifically for your family
- Explore unforgettable fjord landscapes, with dazzling mountains, islands, and coastlines
- Options for hiking, e-biking, jet boating, rafting, sledding, ferry riding, and more
- Superb Norwegian guides share local connections, Viking folklore, and the best cuisine and secret spots
- Ultimate flexibility: The gear travels with you, so you can play at whim
According to legend, it was the struggle between the Norse gods, man-eating trolls, and the Ice Giants of Jotunheimen that carved the eye-popping fjord landscapes of western Norway. Your guides share more Viking lore while carefully leading you through a stunning, sparsely populated, lesser-frequented region of offshore islands, glistening lakes, and towering mountains. Flexible options abound, from hiking and biking to boating and sledding. There’s time for farm picnics, strawberry picking, watching birds and seals, and relaxing in timeless villages and lovely family-friendly lodges. Cap off your adventure in the sensational Lofoten archipelago.
Arrive in Ålesund, a small coastal town amidst Norway’s stunning fjords.
Hike Mount Saska for Hjørundfjorden panoramas and join locals for ferry rides toward the Sunnmøre Alps, watching gorgeous glaciers, bucolic farms, and quaint villages glide by.
Kayaking through Norangsfjorden, look for agile goats on hillsides and rock climbers scaling steep mountain walls above The curious Trandal (population 6) welcomes you for a visit.
A scenic ferry ride reveals UNESCO-listed Geirangerfjord Pedal electric bicycles through verdant Norangsdalen Valley and drive to the summit of Dalsnibba for jaw-dropping vistas and possibly summer snowshoeing, sledding, or skiing.
The Geiranger-Trollstigen road showcases lush valleys, dizzying views, and steeply rising mountains Pick strawberries and whitewater raft the Valldøla.
Fly to Oslo and enjoy a day at leisure in this vibrant, walkable city.
7 – 9
Fly to the Lofoten archipelago and spend 3 days exploring its majestic scenery including Reine, "the most beautiful place in the world".
Return to Oslo and overnight.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered May–September
Custom Trip: From $17,530 per Adult/$15,175 per Child
based on a group of 2 adults & 2 children, double occupancy; please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Most sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance