Custom Travel | 12 Days
- Close-up views by helicopter of eastern Himalayan giants—including Mount Everest
- Exclusive stay at Happy House, a bastion of mountaineering history and favorite of Sir Edmund Hillary
- Optional biking and day hikes to remote monasteries and Sherpa villages
- Ask about an optional four-day trek to Pikey Peak, a little-known spot with incredible panoramas
- Opportunities for guided yoga, monk-led meditation, and singing bowl therapy sessions
The little-traveled Solu Khumbu region is an area of Nepal we fell in love with decades ago, a realm of jaw-dropping Himalayan scenery, mountaineering lore, Sherpa traditions, and very few other travelers. You base your stay from the newly renovated Happy House, ancestral home of our friend Ang Tshering Lama and a favorite spot of Everest explorers like Sir Edmund Hillary. Your choice of activities includes biking, fly fishing, bird watching, and optional day hikes, allowing you to dip into the world of Tibetan Buddhism at off-the-beaten-path monasteries and experience the warmth of vibrant Sherpa culture. Soak up breathtaking views of some of the earth’s tallest peaks on the helicopter fly-by of Everest before returning to Kathmandu for its remarkable highlights.
1 – 2
Set out into the UNESCO-listed Kathmandu Valley, taking in the ancient monuments and finely crafted temples of medieval Bhaktapur, a 9th-century Newar city.
3 – 4
A helicopter whisks you to the remote mountain town of Phaplu and The Happy House in the Solu Khumbu region, where objects from famous Everest expeditions can be found Embark on a day hike to the rock-perched Chiwong Monastery.
5 – 8
Enjoy day hikes from Happy House to visit villages and markets and savor the sunset from atop 10,800-foot Ratnange Ridge.
9 – 10
Visit Thupten Choeling Monastery, a stronghold of Tibetan Buddhism, and Junbesi village, the cradle of Sherpa culture A morning flight to Mount Everest takes you close to its summit and base camp before you return to Kathmandu.
11 – 12
Explore the buzzing capital, strolling the maze-like alleys of its Old City and marveling at exquisite Buddhist art in its museum Depart for home.
Dates & Prices
Custom trips offered April-May and October-November
Custom Trip: Please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- Most gratuities
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance