Myanmar: Market to Table
Personalized Travel Itineraries | 12 Days
- Longtime Myanmar experts, GeoEx will tailor this journey to you
- Go farm to table with insightful visits to fields, markets, and teashops
- Three cooking classes: Burmese-Indian, Shan, and traditional Burmese cuisine
- Bagan’s Plain of Temples and Inle Lake’s floating gardens
- Meet tribespeople in remote hill villages
There are few better windows into a culture than its food, one reason that our Southeast Asia aficionados created this completely customizable culinary journey through Myanmar. It packs a well-rounded punch of experiences, both food-focused and cultural, offering insight into a long-preserved and varied land that’s opening to the world. With many opportunities to get hands-on, you join local experts in lively teashops, farming villages, bustling markets, and local kitchens discovering just how varied, exciting, and delectable Myanmar cuisines are—much like the country itself.
The trip was glorious in almost every way, and I feel very privileged to have had your guidance in setting it up and your skill in executing the plans.– GEOEX TRAVELER
1 – 2
A local chef introduces you to Yangon's produce and spice markets, then invites you home for a Burmese-Indian cooking lesson Explore the city’s gilded pagodas and colonial center.
3 – 4
Behold Bagan’s astonishing Plain of Temples—perhaps by hot-air balloon Prepare regional dishes like tea leaf salad and lemongrass curry Relish a sunset cruise on the Irrawaddy.
5 – 8
Flying to Mandalay, discover facets of food at teashops (crucial social hubs), village farms, a winery, and the British hill station of Maymyo.
9 – 10
In the water paradise of Inle Lake, explore floating gardens, enchanting pagodas, and Shan handicrafts Learn Shan culinary techniques from a local chef.
11 – 12
Return to Yangon with time to shop, sightsee, and dine with your private guide Depart.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered October–March
From $8500 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance