Magic of Mexico
Custom | 7 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Active
- Tailor-made, expert-led journeys for travelers of all ages
- Dynamic art scene, from modern galleries to traditional crafts
- Taco tours, tequila tastings, cooking classes, and haute cuisine
- Swim with whale sharks, release baby turtles, and watch migrating butterflies
- Explore volcanoes and forested trails en route to indigenous villages
A country that tends to make partisans of its visitors, Mexico is broad and beautiful (and its people famously big-hearted). Considering its diverse cuisines, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, vibrant indigenous cultures, romantic colonial cities, phenomenal food scene, and pristine beaches, Mexico may just be our best-kept secret. Since our bespoke Mexico trips cater to such a broad range of interests, no two trips look the same. In fact, a trip to Mexico often feels like many trips in one, seamlessly weaving a range of the country’s highlights and hidden gems into one skillfully crafted itinerary. Let us know what inspires you and we'll take of the rest.
GeoEx is, by far, the best tour operator/outfitter we've ever used. We wouldn't consider going anywhere without you!– Doug K.
Archaeology: Dig into Mexico's treasure trove of history with such outings as specialist-led visits to private archaeological sites in Mexico City, Chichen Itza, Tulum, Yaxchilan, and Palengque.
Art, Handicrafts & Festivals: Explore the vibrant art scene from the capital’s galleries (such as Frida Kahlo’s Casa Azul) and jewelry-design shops to Oaxaca’s colorful festivals and village workshops, known for pre-Columbian traditions, like black-clay ceramics.
Culinary: Savor street-side tacos, wine and mescal tastings, acclaimed restaurants, and locals-only eateries. Make mole in Pueblo, gather agave with distillers in Tequila, and shop with a chef in San Miguel de Allende.
Wildlife: Discover the diverse flora and fauna from underwater worlds to jungles and alpine forest. You might bird-watch in Riviera Maya, snorkel with sea lions and whale sharks in Baja, and see migrating butterflies in Michoacán.
Active Adventures: Your outdoor pursuits may take you hiking through Copper Canyon, overnighting in cabins built by Zapotec communities in the untouched Sierra Norte Mountains, and kayaking the Sea of Cortés.
Conservation: Head to Baja for hands-on experiences with field experts, such as helping to trap, measure, and release sea turtles and studying the genetic make-up of whale sharks after swimming alongside them.
Family: Your family's tailored blend of excursions may include surfing lessons and an art class in Todos Santos, snorkeling among coral reefs in Riviera Maya, or going on a scavenger hunt in Yucatán’s Uxmal temples.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $4975 per person (Custom Trip)
(based on two travelers, sharing a room)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance