Rivers & Jungles of Borneo
Group and Custom | 13 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Hiking
- A comprehensive look at Borneo's sensational biodiversity
- Meander remote waterways pulsing with insects, birds, and monkeys
- Thrilling wildlife encounters and UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Stay at a National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World
“Thrilling natural encounters abound in the lush wilds of Borneo,” exclaims GeoEx's Tina Liadis, recalling her run-ins with six types of hornbill, a revved-up elephant, and a reticulated python. She’s designed this river-cruising and jungle-walking adventure to take travelers deep into Borneo’s rain forest, home to a mind-boggling array of flora and fauna. From bustling Kuching we take our first of many boat excursions into the wildlife-teeming bush, then explore caves and verdant rain forest in Gunung Mulu National Park, visit with resident orangutans in Sandakan, cruise the Kinabatangan River sanctuary, and hike in the forested Danum Valley Conservation Area.
Kuching welcomes us with mosques and Malay villages Boat into Bako National Park to watch for bearded wild pigs and proboscis monkeys.
Revel in the astonishing caves of Gunung Mulu National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with wrinkle-lipped bats and thriving orchids Fly to the waterfront town of Kota Kinabalu.
Fly to Sandakan, time with rehabilitated orangutans, wildlife cruises on the Kinabatangan River, and nights at the comfortable Sukau Rainforest Lodge.
More than 350 bird species live in the Danum Valley, and we spot many on our safari outings and waterfall hike Fly to Kota Kinabalu.
Fly to Kota Kinabalu Depart.
Dates & Prices
5/30/18 – 6/11/18
Custom Trips offered March–November
Group Trip: From $6790 per person
Single Supplement: $875
Internal Air: $450 per person
Custom Trip: Please call for individually tailored recommendations and pricing.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of a GeoEx trip leader, local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance