Ancient Wonders of Guatemala
Custom | 9 Days | Easy to Moderate Touring and Hiking
- Discover the charms of colonial Antigua with a private guide
- Boat on picturesque Lake Atitlán and visit villages
- Take a private tour of Aguateca, an archaeological site only accessible by boat
- Investigate the massive ancient ruins of Tikal
- A customizable trip with options for private homes, charter fights, and helicopter rides
Guatemala is an often-overlooked country, rich with tremendous scenery, Mayan masterpieces, colonial grandeur, and cheery, heart-involving folks. As our Guatemala guru Natalie Crow says, “For a full-on cultural experience that is so different from our own, this colorful country is surprisingly easy to get to, which makes for a perfect weeklong jaunt.” Begin in lovely colonial Antigua, hike the slopes of the still-active Pacaya Volcano, then explore Lake Atitlán by boat. Take in the sights and sounds of the traditional market at Chichicastenango before exploring the regions abundant Mayan archaeological treasures.
Loved hiking the volcano and absolutely loved Lake Atitlán. The views, people, and activities were amazing. Tikal ruins and jungle were spectacular.– Paula S.
Fly to Guatemala City and drive to Antigua, a UNESCO World Heritage Site where you explore Spanish colonial architecture and art galleries on a guided walk Hike Pacaya Volcano and visit a coffee plantation.
Explore the Iximché ruins, then continue to volcano-encircled Lake Atitlán for excursions by kayak, mountain bike, and hiking trail Watch craftspeople at work in their villages.
Chichicastenango is famous for its large open-air market: delve into the colors and commotion as locals sell their wares, from textiles to produce.
After flying to Flores, discover the well-preserved Aguateca archaeological site, perched on a limestone bluff and only accessible by boat, during a private tour.
Revel in the spectacular, jungle-tucked remains of Tikal, the Mayan capital, covering six square miles with over 3,000 temples, shrines, ceremonial platforms, and plazas Fly home via Guatemala City.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $4750 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of local guides, drivers, and other staff
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance