Galápagos: Exploring the Enchanted Islands
Group | 10 Days | Easy Cruise
- Go with experts: our staff heads to the Galápagos every year to suss out the best options
- Enjoy a superlative cruise: we offer a number of top-notch ships and cruise lengths
- Snorkel with sea lions, kayak by volcanoes, and walk with tortoises
- Top-notch naturalist guides lead excursions
- Opt to add time in Peru or beyond: GeoEx will make the arrangements
Long before they took the name of their native tortoises, the Galápagos were known to whalers and pirates of the Pacific as Las Islas Encantadas—the Enchanted Islands. The old name still rings true today. This GeoEx voyage visits many of the bewitching archipelago's 19 islands, introducing us to a peerless showcase of nature in all its exuberance. We cruise aboard a small or mid-size ship—carefully chosen by GeoEx's Galápagos experts for its intimate size, great comfort, top-notch staff, host of amenities, and exacting environmental and hospitality standards.
By working with GeoEx instead of planning the trip myself, I saved decades!– Deb A.
Everyone on the ship was outstanding. Every day was exciting, seeing all the animals so close up...The guides had so much truly in-depth knowledge; it was like going to a college lecture every day on the hikes.– Heidrun T.
Fly to the Galápagos after overnighting in Guayaquil We see giant tortoises in their natural habitat and highland birds, then settle in for the first night on board.
Genovesa and Santa Cruz Islands astound us with birdlife: boobies, frigates, storm petrels, and more Zodiac through inlets sheltering mangroves and sea turtles.
Naturalists introduce us to marine iguanas and flightless cormorants on Fernandina and Isabela Islands Snorkel with tropical fish and possibly a penguin Enjoy evening cocktails and nature talks.
Stroll among sea lions, iguanas, and finches on Santiago and Rabida Islands, where octopuses and starfish populate tide pools Santa Cruz's craters and Charles Darwin Research Station await.
The exhibits at San Cristóbal's Interpretation Center make final connections Fly to Guayaquil, overnight, and catch flights home.
Dates & Prices
7-day trip (with 5-day cruise): From $6125 per person
9-day trip (with 7-day cruise): From $7995 per person
10-day trip (with 8-day cruise): From $8775 per person
Special Offer: Book your fall 2019 cruise on the luxury expedition yacht Origin by December 31, 2018, and receive free airfare between Guayaquil and the Galápagos (a $600 value per person). Cruises must depart between September 1–December 9, 2019, and restrictions apply; please call for details.
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance