Custom Travel | 12 Days
- Weeklong dahabeya cruise on the Nile River
- Enjoy the bustle of Cairo and experience Aswan, gateway to Africa
- Visit Luxor’s ornate tombs of kings, queens, and artists
- See the Pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, Abu Simbel, and other wonders
- Insightful guides who are licensed Egyptologists
Egypt and the Nile: the two are inextricably linked. Almost 2,500 years ago, Herodotus, looking back even then on 25 centuries of recorded history, wrote, “Egypt is an acquired country, the gift of the river.” The ancient Egyptians took advantage of their bountiful gift by building a civilization almost alien in its grandeur, ennobling the Nile’s banks with stunning monuments to their overweening sense of destiny. Even before the days of Herodotus, Egypt and its life-giving river were lodestones of the imagination. This customizable journey celebrates their connection and their wonders.
The guide was top shelf! He really possessed exceptional expertise and your office people treated us like royalty! They exceeded our expectations. I can’t think of one suggestion for improving this trip!– Glenda G.
1 – 2
Cairo, with its souks, minarets, and millennia of history, is yours to explore with your guide, who helps peel back the layers of this ancient city.
Discover the Great Pyramid of Giza, the last standing wonder of the ancient world; the Sphinx; and the Step Pyramid, the oldest stone structure on earth.
Fly to the Great Temple of the Pharaoh Ramses II and on to Aswan After stopping at the Aswan High Dam (creator of Lake Nasser), you'll set sail by dahabeya.
5 – 8
Your dahabeya cruise reveals the timeless life of the Nile, along with the temples of Philae and Horus, the massive ruins of Kom Ombo, and lazing crocodiles Enjoy afternoon tea on board and dinners on the sundeck.
9 – 10
Landing in Luxor, explore the tombs of the Valley of the Kings and Queens, the magnificent Luxor Temple, and the impressive Karnak complex Watch daybreak over the Nile in a hot-air balloon.
11 – 12
Disembark and fly to Cairo, where a guided visit of the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities shares mummies and the treasures of Pharaohs including Tutankhamen Overnight in Cairo, before catching flights home.
Dates & Prices
Custom Trips offered year-round
From $11,950 per person (Custom Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Shore landings, presentations, and activities per the vessel’s daily program
- Most meals
- Bottled water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Services of an expedition leader, lecturers/naturalists, and support staff during voyage
- Some gratuities
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance
Sugar Cane, Mansoor, My Sister & Me: My Best Travel MemoryRead More
Egypt, Paris & Me: A Trip to Egypt without Leaving FranceRead More
Places We Love: Top Travel Destinations In The World for 2019Read More
10 Great Places to Travel This DecemberRead More
Amazed by EgyptRead More
A Life-Changing Adventure in the DesertRead More