Egypt Insider: An All-Women Journey Along the Nile
Group Travel | 13 Days
- Ancient and modern Egypt, with two expert leaders and a female perspective
- Five-night Nile cruise by top-notch dahabeya exclusively for this small group
- Special access to archaeological sites
- Time with local women, from artists to dancers to home cooks
- Guided walks through Cairo’s historic Old City and Aswan’s souk
Egypt is an ancient land of incredible archaeology and fascinating history, but its contemporary side is also a delight to explore. On this special journey, a small group of women (no more than 10 travelers) joins two sensational Egypt experts to explore the country’s ancient past and modern heart. From Cairo’s pulsing streets and Luxor’s mesmerizing temples to the long-and-winding Nile River, we take in magnificent monuments, enjoy special access to age-old tombs, visit antiquity-filled museums, cruise the Nile by exclusive dahabeya, and meet local artists and residents—all while gaining a uniquely female perspective on it all.
1 – 3
Discover Cairo's storied history, wandering its ancient alleys and architecture At Giza, delight in a private opening of the Great Pyramid's Queen Burial Chamber.
4 – 5
Explore the many treasures of the famed Museum of Egyptian Antiquities before flying to Luxor Meander among colossal statues of pharaohs and columned halls in the astonishing temple complexes at Luxor and Karnak.
6 – 10
Change perspective with a sunrise hot-air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings and Queens, then descend into burial chambers with special tomb visits Embark on a leisurely Nile cruise aboard an amenity-filled dahabeya Savor scenes of river life, relish animated conversations with guides and fellow travelers, and stop to explore the temple wonders of Esna, Edfu, and Kom Ombo.
11 – 12
Landing in Aswan, marvel at the Temple of Philae and the Assam High Dam, both impressive feats of engineering Fly to Abu Simbel, home to two massive rock temples relocated block-by-block with help from UNESCO.
Final farewells before flying to Cairo for a late afternoon or evening departure.
Dates & Prices
11/04/20 – 11/16/20
From $17,625 per person (All-Women Group Trip)
- Expertise of GeoEx’s travel specialists
- Services of GeoEx’s in-house air reservations team
- All accommodations
- All ground transportation and airport transfers
- Services of two GeoEx trip leaders, drivers, and other staff
- All gratuities
- Sightseeing, events, visits, and entrance fees
- Most meals
- Bottled or filtered water at included meals and while sightseeing
- Emergency evacuation services and secondary medical expense insurance